Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chiposha Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2008, 07:44 PM
    Why is it that most people expect so much from a person
    This thought has been bugging me a lot lately. Why is it that many people expect so much from one person be it their mother, father, husband, wife, friend, work on and on. One example is people think their job "should" give them the pay they want, satisfaction, fun, meet friends, a good boss, best working conditions, paid vacation, you name it people expect it all. Can anyone come up with some insights for me. Its like expecting to find all your house hold needs from one store or finding all the languages in one book .Thank you. PEACE. Chipo :confused:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 12, 2008, 07:59 PM
    A good career should be one where you are satisfied, have a good boss, great working conditions, vacations, benefits and enough money to support your family so your partner does not have to work unless they want to. And many of us find those job or create the jobs for ourselves.

And walmart exists today just because of the idea of one store for all household needs.

May 13, 2008, 03:23 AM
    Thank you Fr. Chuck for your insight. PEACE Chipo
    Bicho Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2008, 06:40 AM
    May be they just want to see what they wish happen for you... and may be they just don't know they'r expecting too much bcoz they think you're capable. What if you take it as something to check out yourself upon? Can you be what they wish or ask you, if it's for the better; why not? But if u can't; just listen and egnore. Don't let your inner self feel bad about it!

May 13, 2008, 09:31 AM
    Hello Bicho
    I appreciate your reply to my post. PEACE. Chiposha
    Lavina Posts: 31, Reputation: 9

May 14, 2008, 09:37 PM
    I like Bicho's comment. I do agree with it too. Sometimes people (parents, friends, etc) have high expectations that they expect you to fulfill. And when you don't fulfill it, they make you feel bad about it. It may be that they do think you are capable of the requests they make, it's their total belief in you, even if they know that you may not be able to fulfill every need.
    mimi03 Posts: 201, Reputation: 45

May 21, 2008, 03:06 PM
    Imo, as our society changes so does our outlook on life... maybe we've been socialize to want "the very best right now". Like you, I see this everywhere, the idea of fast food is to get people feed in a hurry... and no matter how unhealthy it is it may be "convenient" for some, I know people who just "can't wait" to finish college because they want better cars, lots of money and vacations, right now! Everything seems to be done at such a fast pace these days, another example is people having surgery or using diet fads to lose weight quickly instead of eating healthier and exercising and maybe dropping the weight slowly...

I don't find the problem in "wanting it all" so to speak, the problem I see is that people don't really want to do the hard work or except the consequences of this type of thinking...
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 09:57 AM
    Hi Chiposha,

Sadley it's society today, when I was a kid... back in ancient times... we didn't have a lot, but neither did anyone else, everyone was just glad to be living and paying their way,if a family didn't have... we'll say an egg for their daughter to take for cookery class, then a neighbour provided, no matter what help was needed there was always someone to help out and vice versa.

Nowadays it's I want it NOW...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are you a cat person or a dog person? [ 91 Answers ]

I just was interested in how many people on here had pets. If you do, what species? Did you get them at a breeder or a shelter? What breeds? What do they look like? Do you have pics?:D

Artificial person vs. Natural person? [ 9 Answers ]

How would the court deal with a natural person vs, artificial person? By definition a artificial person is a corporation (strawman) which the court would have jurisdication. How does the court deal with a natural person, a human being? How does the court obtain jurisdication over a human being? ...

Other law--Any time a person asks this of another person, it must be respected. If I [ 1 Answers ]

Any time a person asks this of another person, it must be respected. If it is not, legal action can be taken against the person who is contacting someone who doesn't want to be contacted. I that true?? Panda1969

What To Expect? [ 4 Answers ]

Can Your Be At All The Airports If You Been Accused Of Using Some One Else Name To Get A Credit Card, And Also Use The Credit Card?

What should I expect [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Wyoming and just told my husband that I wanted to file for a divorce. We have a 14 month old son and I don't want him to get custody. My husband is an over the road truck driver and wants to buy his own big rig so I know that he is not going to get a place of his own to live in with our...

View more questions Search