Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    puebloguy02 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2008, 07:22 PM
    Federal or state reform grants
    Yes I am a convicted felon in Colorado was sentence to probation. Was wondering if there is federal or state grants for reforming felon back in the community. For things such as housing schooling. Rehab. Getting us back on our feet. Not just for education
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 12, 2008, 07:49 PM
    Yes, but not directly to you, they make grants to non profit and faith based groups These people will furnish various services to ex felons. This is done though 1/2 way houses ( not connected with prison system) with job training programs and more. But they are not always available in every area.
    jenny lynn Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

May 13, 2008, 07:21 PM
    Fr_Chuck is right again. Faith-based organizations within your community are the best resource for re-entry assistance. Here is a good example of such a program... Interfaith Coalition of Advocates for Re-entry and Employment.
    ICARE, nyicare.org

You may want to contact them to see if they have a nation-wide database of similar services. I would also recommend you contact your local County offices and ask to speak with a crisis Social Worker. They usually know off the top of their heads what services are available in your community.

If this was helpful information please Rate This Answer!
    free grants Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2008, 01:06 AM
    There is no federal grants for convicted felon but there is a non profit organization called Prison Entrepreneurship Program that would help the ex felon to start a small business.

Quote Originally Posted by puebloguy02
    yes i am a convicted felon in colorado was sentence to probation. was wondering if there is federal or state grants for reforming felon back in the community. for things such as housing schooling. rehab. getting us back on our feet. not just for education

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Query regarding federal and 2 state tax forms [ 1 Answers ]

I am an F1 student from India (came in Fall 2005). I have received two W2 forms, I) From a company in Michigan, where I was a full-time Intern (on CPT) from 01/05/2007 to 04/07/2007. ii) From my University at Ohio, where I have been the rest of my time as an student. So, my...

Federal Grants for building a house [ 2 Answers ]

I've heard from some family members that there may be grants available for building a new house. I've done some searching online, but haven't been able to find anything. I live in Nebraska and am looking to build a house in a town of 6500 people. I heard there were grants for building in a town of...

State or federal [ 1 Answers ]

What happens if you violate state probation with a federal crime

Federal and State Charges [ 7 Answers ]

Ok, I am having trouble understanding something, I know you are suppose to be able to be tried twice for the same charge. But it appears in some cases when a crime is both a state crime and a federal crime, you can be charged in both state and Federal court. I have a friend ( really ) and...

Federal return collected by state for state liability [ 1 Answers ]

I live in wi and filed married jointly I owe the wisc. Dep. Of revenue money but I have paid off the IRS . I filed my fed. Return electronicly and it was accepded, can the wisc .dep. Of rev. take my fed tax return? Or will my fed return be deposited in my account that I have specified with my...

View more questions Search