Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sbktu Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2008, 05:54 PM
    Love with best friend?
    OK I'm in love wit my best friend. I love her wit everything I got. She knows I will be there for her no matter what, and for any reason. I'm always respectful to her, and treat her wit the kindness that she deserves. Her sister approves me of actually dating her. But she always go for the excuse that I don't see you that way a good friend. Well today I actually figured out she thinks of me like a gay friend. Ummmm yeah so what do I do give in, or what?? I need Help
    duck22 Posts: 115, Reputation: 31

May 12, 2008, 07:41 PM
    I think you should take a step back and re access the situation. Is perusing her worth jeopardizing your friendship with her? From the looks of it I think she has made things clear that she does not want you as a boyfriend. Slow down and maybe spend some time away from her to clear your head. By the way, if you don't mind me asking how old are you and how long have you been friends?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 12, 2008, 07:45 PM
    She's probably afraid to date you because you're friends. If you break up then not only does she lose a boyfriend but a friend as well. If that's not the case then it's just because she only wants friendship from you. You can't force someone to fall in love with you, they either do, or they don't, love is a two way street, and right now you driving down a back alley all alone. Just be her friend, if she starts to feel differently then you'll know.

Good luck.

May 12, 2008, 07:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by duck22
    I think you should take a step back and re access the situation. Is perusing her worth jeopardizing your friendship with her? From the looks of it I think she has made things clear that she does not want you as a boyfriend. Slow down and maybe spend some time away from her to clear your head. By the way, if you don't mind me asking how old are you and how long have you been friends?
    Ok I like your answer but she has always had problems wit guys, and I have always had problem wit women. She always gets hurt by guys treating her the way she shouldn't be treated. I'm always getting the women that use me and leave me. So I don't know My thing is that ( Strong Relationships starts as friends). I'm 20 and we have been friends for 2 years

May 12, 2008, 07:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    She's probably afraid to date you because you're friends. If you break up then not only does she lose a boyfriend but a friend as well. If that's not the case then it's just because she only wants friendship from you. You can't force someone to fall in love with you, they either do, or they don't, love is a two way street, and right now you driving down a back alley all alone. Just be her friend, if she starts to feel differently then you'll know.

Good luck.
    OK but the thing is we have discuss about what happens if it doesn't work out. I told her I'm not going to look at her any different if it doesn't work out. The Thing is I at least should be given at chance at least to prove that I love her like I said I do. I go to the store and see couples together makes me think of her, and knowing that I make her happy and smile everyday..
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 12, 2008, 08:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sbktu
    ok but the thing is we have discuss about what happens if it doesnt work out. i told her im not going to look at her any different if it doesnt work out. The Thing is i at least should be given at chance at least to prove that i love her like i said i do. I go to the store and see couples together makes me think of her, and knowing that i make her happy and smile everyday..
    Okay, you have said that you wouldn't think of her any differently if you two got together and then broke up. That's easy to say right now because it hasn't happened, and in the back of your mind you're probably thinking, of course I won't think of you differently if we break up, because we won't break up. She's thinking, there's a huge chance that this won't work out and then I will have lost a good friend.

I have dated guys that have remained friends of mine after the break up, but not many. Most of the guys that started as friends and then became boyfriends are not longer on speaking terms with me now. That's a fact of life.

I would take it as a compliment, she doesn't want to lose your friendship.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 12, 2008, 09:42 PM
    But she always go for the excuse that I don't see you that way a good friend.
    She has made her feelings pretty clear, and you should appreciate her honesty. You can't make a person feel what you want them to, so stop trying.
    movinrightalong Posts: 23, Reputation: 8

May 12, 2008, 10:03 PM
    I think that you must really step back and reassess where you think that this might lead to. From what I am reading, she really enjoys and respects your friendship.

Is it that love her or are in love with her? Be careful here because the two can be very easily confused. It sounds to me that she loves you in a completely platonic way and does not want to ruin that.

I know that it might sound a bit harsh but if you think about it, what guy wouldn't be really lucky to have a female as a best friend.

You said that you are not good with the ladies and she is not good with the guys. This is where you guys should be helping each other. You have a golden opportunity to have a girl for the wingman and to gain a perspective about women that only she can provide. This sounds like a very special friendship and I would hesitant to suggest that you put effort into pursuing her. I would take a guess that if you continued to chase after her, you will wind up back here heartbroken and questioning yourself as to how it could happen.

Remember, if you be yourself and she likes you as a friend for that, then keep being that way. At 20 years old, you still have so much life ahead of you to learn about women and relationships.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 13, 2008, 05:55 AM
    Female friends are so special, and they HAVE CUTE FRIENDS TOO!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I'm in LOVE with my best friend, and I don't know WHAT to DO! [ 7 Answers ]

:confused: As my tittle says I'm in love with my best friend and I NEED HELP! See I've known this boy almost 12 years mabey longer. He's always been there for me as have I've been there for him. He means the world to me and so much more, but the problem is he don't even know he does. It isn't that...

In love with a best friend [ 7 Answers ]

I 've beeen single for 2 years... the past 2 years.. I've beeen dating many girls... But I think I fallen for a close friend... she knows that we wouldmake a bad-asss couple... But she drifted away because she knows I be messin around too much, wit other girlsfriend that I've beeen seeeing......

I'm in love with my bestfriend/ex boyfriend. [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Okay So I'm 15 and my ex boyfriend( Justin) and I are very close. he was my first real boyfriend and we went out for 15 months. he broke up with me to go out with another girl and I was devastated. I gave up everything for him and he left me. Justin and I decided to be best...

In love with my best friend [ 6 Answers ]

Well lets start this off by saying Im a 15 Year old Guy Named "adrian" who is in love with his best friend "Michelle" and she is also 15 yeas old.We've known each other since May 06 and have been attracted to each other since.We started as bestfriends until the 2nd month of knowing each other, we...

View more questions Search