Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    timwind Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2006, 03:02 PM
    Silver medallion/pendant (RG Initials)
    I received a medallion from my mother about 10 years ago and she does not remember how she got it. If anybody can help me identify the maker or provide any information about it, I would really appreciate it. I am not sure if it is American Indian or spanish.

It is about 1.5" x 1.5" and has a knights helmet at the top. On the front it looks like it is inlaid with ivory or some white material with a design of a tree and a bear/animal leaning against it. THe back of it is all silver with a sword that goes behind a piece of parchment paper. On the parchment paper the following is written: "Villa de Caballeros y de aqui al Cielo" The initials RG can be seen faintly in the bottom right hand corner.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,
    kp42484 Posts: 39, Reputation: 16

Feb 23, 2006, 05:56 PM
    Hi,

I can't tell you but perhaps a reputable antiques dealer may know. But, I can tell you that the writing is Spanish, and it probably means, "Town of Gentlemen/Knights and from Here to Heaven/the Sky."

Hope this helps!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Initials [ 5 Answers ]

I got assigned the following questions in Math, they are initials and numbers that have to do with random things. Nothing to do with math, but still. EXAMPLE- 18 H on a G C answer- 18 holes on a golf course These are the problems I need help on- 1. 7 C on G I 2. 12 P on a J 3. 6 C in...

.925 silver jigsaw puzzle rings [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, Apparently I'm looking for a hard to find item. I need a company that manufactures silver jigsaw puzzle rings. I've attached photos of the most common type of puzzle ring. I am only interested in puzzle rings and in companies that already make them. I'm looking for a...

$5 silver certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I have a $5 silver cert... 1934 intact very few tears, but very worn and folded... but considering it 71 years old... its in pretty good shape.. let me know what it might be worth please :) thanks

Silver certificate [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how much a dollar bill, with a blue stamp,( I believe it's called a silver certificate), is worth. It's pretty worn but not torn or anything.

View more questions Search