Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Metroid101 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2006, 02:20 PM
    Perpetual inventory method
    I can't seem to figure out how to journalize some information using the Perpetual inventory method. Here is the information.

a) Sold merchandise on account, for $10,000. The cost of the merchandise sold was $4,500.

b) Sold merchandise to customers who used MasterCard and VISA, $8,500. The cost of the
    Merchandise sold was $4,100.

c) Sold merchandise to customers who used American Express, $3,500. The cost of the
    Merchandise sold was $1,600.

d) Paid and invoice from First National Bank for $255, representing a service fee for processing
    MasterCard and VISA sales.

e) Received $3,325 from American Express Company after a $175 collection fee had been deducted.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2006, 02:33 PM
    I can't seem to figure out how to journalize some information using the Perpetual inventory method. Here is the information.

a) Sold merchandise on account, for $10,000. The cost of the merchandise sold was $4,500.

Dr. AR 10,000
    Cr. Sales 10,000

Dr. Cost of Good Sold 4,500
    Cr. Inventory 4,500

b) Sold merchandise to customers who used MasterCard and VISA, $8,500. The cost of the merchandise sold was $4,100.

Dr. AR 8,500
    Cr. Sales 8,500

Dr. Cost of Good Sold 4,100
    Cr. Inventory 4,100

c) Sold merchandise to customers who used American Express, $3,500. The cost of the merchandise sold was $1,600.

Dr. AR – American Express 3,500
    Cr. Sales 3,500

Dr. Cost of Good Sold 1,600
    Cr. Inventory 1,600

d) Paid and invoice from First National Bank for $255, representing a service fee for processing MasterCard and VISA sales.

Dr. Credit Card Processing Expense (or an equivalent name, as long as it is an expense) 255
    Cr. Cash 255

e) Received $3,325 from American Express Company after a $175 collection fee had been deducted.

Dr. Cash 3,325
    Dr. Credit Card Processing Expense 175
    Cr. AR – American Express 3,500

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Expensing Inventory [ 4 Answers ]

Can you expense inventory as soon as it is received even though it is still setting on the shelf and has not been used? What happens at the end of the year when the my MRP system states I have a million dollars worth of inventory? Is this legal?

Perpetual Inventory [ 3 Answers ]

Perpetual Inventory system Number of units Unit cost Unit sale price Mar.1 Beginning Inventory 50 15 Mar.2 Purchase 12 20 Mar.8 Sale 40 36

Inventory cost [ 2 Answers ]

When Inventory is purchased, should the cost be placed under "Cost of Good" or "Inventory"? Is another option to make a category of COG under each inventory type? I/E: COG-hats, COG-coats etc. Thanks for your help. Don [email protected]

Perpetual Inventory system [ 1 Answers ]

Apr 2. Britt received an $18,000 invoice from one of its suppliers. Terms were 2/10 n/30, FOB shipping Point. Britt paid the freight bill amounting to $2,000. 4.Britt returned $2,500 of the merchandise billed on April 2 because it was defective. 5. Britt sold $8,000 of merchandise on account,...

Inventory Question [ 1 Answers ]

Does a decrease in inventory turnover for the current year compared to the prior year indicate an improvement in the management of inventory?

View more questions Search