Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blue rose Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

May 12, 2008, 07:39 AM
    Apple cider vinegar
    I have heard that apple cider vinegar is an effective skin lightening agent. It is applied twice a day by dabbing it on the skin and leaving it on at night. Has anyone used this treatment before and if so how long will it take to see significant results of skin lightening? I used to be quite fair, but I never looked after my skin and never wore sunscreen and I have thus become gradually darker over the years. It became really bad after I had extreme exposure to the sun about 6months ago where I didn't wear a hat or sunscreen (extremely stupid!:o ) and my skin peeled and tanned like anything!:eek: I want to get back to my initial colour or at least close to it. Is this possible and if not apple cider vinegar, what is the best treatment, how long will it take and how effective is it? I want something that is natural and better still something that's from the kitchen cupboard!
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

May 12, 2008, 10:47 AM
    I used to never wear sunscreen either and now I'm suffering consequences (uneven skin tone).

I've heard about apple cider vinegar helps fade pigmentation but I've not really tried it.

Here's a thread about someone that used natural ingredients.
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/skin-l...er-210244.html

There's also lemon you could use. It's won't lighten you a lot but does lighten the skin. Mulberry extracts and bearberry extracts is good too.
    Hope that helps.

May 15, 2008, 10:23 PM
    Funny thing... I ended up using ACV to try and lighten my skin for the past 4days and the white heads right under my eye have begun to fade! My skin tone is evening up too and it feels so much softer! This stuff seems to be killing two birds with one stone!

May 16, 2008, 02:32 AM
    Cool! :D
    Does it sting at all? :)
    Gr8stuff Posts: 197, Reputation: 8

May 16, 2008, 02:38 AM
    I know ACV is good for a lot of stuff... some people drink a little daily for better health, to get rid of parasites etc but never knew it could be a skin lightener as well... :eek:

Tell us more... do you just apply it all over your face and let it dry? :confused:

May 17, 2008, 12:06 AM
    It does sting a bit the first day you use it and the fumes or wateva does irritate your eyes but live with it because you get used to it as the days go by!
    I just dab ACV with a bit of cotton all ova my face (or whereva you want) before I go to bed until its at a stage when it starts dripping a bit, then I leave it to dry and go to bed without washing it off! Remember before applying ACV to wash your face thoroughly. In the morning I wash it off again and do my normal routine of exfoliating etc (I use the clinique 3 step program thing)
    I also drink the stuff... 2 tbsp in a glass of luke warm water with 2 tbsp honey as well... I haven't done this regularly but the days I did it it got rid of my sore throat!. im guessing if I internally take ACV as well as apply it externally I may get more effective results... I don't know but I guess its worth a try!
    I'll keep you posted on how it goes ;)

May 17, 2008, 02:48 AM
    Thanks Blue rose!

Clinique's 3 step is awesome. I love the clarifying lotion.
    judyvs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2012, 03:15 PM
    I am desperate, my son is getting married in March of this year and I look like a panda bear. I have just done my first application today and am optimistic. Judy Van Schalkwyk
    judyvs Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2012, 03:17 PM
    Will cider vinegar dry out the skin
    RoroRed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2012, 11:31 PM
    I wonder if limes are just as good.. I know apple cider helps with your digestion as well. I have used creams that did nothing but coco butter does excellent... if you top it with coco butter it'l be a wammy... but maybe not when you go outside.. there will be tanning even with he toning. Or use sunscreen. Anyway, I alsofind that you can use it on fungus infection on the skin or athletes foot.. I have patches that ocme on my skin in the summer due to hummidity and it it said because I don't have enough acidity in my skin.. hhmm acidity. So I thought good old lemon limes. I love the smell of lime by the way.. So I think over night that'll be good on your face, plus with sun exposure the embarrassing black hairs on your face will lighten up with the lemon or lime but of course with sunscreen... Because even with sunscreen in enough hours of sunshine you will have tanning and hair lightening because of the sun.
    skiin4u Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2012, 04:11 PM
    I know it helps with a number of things.. with acne - it takes away inflammation, acne, white & black heads and takes away oily skin. It just returns your skin into normal ph levels so you don't break out as much or ever again.
    You can use it as toner and leave it on. The only thing you have to put up with is the smell in the beginning. But Its better to have clear skin than not use it because of the smell right?
    How I use it is wash my face in the morning, dry it with a towel then apply apple cider vinegar using cotton pads. Then use the rest of my skin products
    Toner (apple cider) -> sunscreen -> serum -> moisturizer -> make up.

It can also help with digestion and weigh loss. It pretty much helps you body overall whether you drink it or apply it!
    With weight loss you drink it in the morning and in the evening. You'll notice that you won't be as hungry anymore and your metabolism will work faster.
    Tacozz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2013, 09:05 AM
    I'm trying this ACV thing to see if my skin gets lighter. I'm in a marching band so obviously I'm in the sun for a long time! My tummy and my arms/face don't match at ALL! I hope this works, wish me luck! c:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ACV- apple cider vinegar [ 6 Answers ]

On the 13th of this month I began drinking acv to drop a few inches for an upcoming wedding in June.. but I also notice I have an increase in cm and libido for the past few days. Is this supposed to happen too? ;) I do know it has worked for my yeast infection! Can it really work this way or is it...

Mothballs and vinegar [ 4 Answers ]

I tried a science experiment and nothing happened. What was wrong? I filled the glass with water until full. Add baking soda to the water and stir until dissolved Add the vinegar and mothballs to the water solution. It will bubble. Now the experiment should have caused the mothballs to sink to...

Apple cider vinegar [ 1 Answers ]

Can I use Apple cider vinegar to treat dandruf in my chemically treated hair?

Vinegar [ 1 Answers ]

How can i make my own vinegar,any recipes? :-/

View more questions Search