Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Amanita Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2008, 07:11 AM
    Best voice ever
    Hi!! :)
    What is the best voice you have ever heard?

I am a big fan of opera so Renata Tebaldi is one of my choices.
    Also there is a South African singer called Ashton Night who also has a band called The Awakening. The music is mostly gothic rock, Ashton has this deep rich voice that give me goosebumps.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2008, 08:01 AM
    Paul Robeson would be the top of the ones I've heard . Other more recent notables are Josh Groban , Michael Crawford .Best rock and roll voice would be Elvis .

Opera ?Caruso
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 12, 2008, 08:05 AM
    Love Morcheeba's voice:
    YouTube - Morcheeba - Rome Wasn't Built In A Day
    nanea1975 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

May 13, 2008, 09:57 PM
    You'd be hard pressed to find a better voice than Aretha Franklin's.

Singing, like anything in art, is highly subjective. And there are many great, great singers out there. But most are good at specific genres. Aretha thought could probably do anything. I heard her doing opera, and I'm telling you, I'm no opera fan. But that just blew my mind. She's just extraordinary.
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2008, 11:12 PM
    I certainly don't think it was the best voice I've ever heard but one thaty comes to mind that I really enjoy is Marvin Gaye's. Very versatile.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 15, 2008, 05:43 AM
    I think that the answer to this question would greatly depend on the style of singing and type of music. As such, I don't have any that I would deem to be the best, but only prominently really good at what they do. I love folk, gospel, jazz, classical, rock, etc. singers of all types. It depends...

I would find it very difficult to narrow down a one that I would think was the best or even a favorite.

Just being honest with my answer here. Hope that is okay. If you are looking for a favorite in a particular style and/or type of music, it would be good to know that.
    Amanita Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2008, 03:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    I think that the answer to this question would greatly depend on the style of singing and type of music. As such, I don't have any that I would deem to be the best, but only prominently really good at what they do. I love folk, gospel, jazz, classical, rock, etc. singers of all types. It depends...

I would find it very difficult to narrow down a one that I would think was the best or even a favorite.

Just being honest with my answer here. Hope that is okay. If you are looking for a favorite in a particular style and/or type of music, it would be good to know that.

:) That's great. Don't apologize for your opinion. Do you like opera, if so who is/are your favourite singer(s)?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 16, 2008, 03:25 AM
    Rita Streich would be one of them. As far as who I like to listen to, I tend to favor the women who can sing the high and very difficult parts with the most finesse the best.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2008, 03:28 AM
    Jeff Buckley for me. Also a fantastic guitarist.

YouTube - Jeff Buckley-Grace
    liverpool75 Posts: 58, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2008, 03:40 AM
    The best singer of all time was freddie mercury he could sing sing rock,opera,and dance songs with such a powerful voice,anyone singer with there own distinctive voice and someonethat you could name them as they sang 1 word is great in their own right

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movie voice [ 2 Answers ]

I would love to do a voice of a character for a movie or a TV show I live in australia how would I get into that?

ACK! My voice! [ 2 Answers ]

Gah! My voice is gone! (I think it's because maybe I yelled too much, but who knows?) It is raspy when I try to talk! Are there any ways to cure this? Home remedies? I DO NOT want to go to the doctors!! :eek:

Voice Recorder [ 3 Answers ]

I need somebody like Captain to answer, but I will appreciate anybodies advice. Is it illegal to voice record somebody without them knowing especially if it is to protect say myself? Lets just say I have some real good evidence and if I have to I will use it but I need to find out if it...

Voice over [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know I good place to study VoiceOver in NYC?

View more questions Search