Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaczmaniandevil Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2008, 09:58 AM
    Hydrangea won't bloom
    We've lived in this house for four years. I have four hydrangeas, I believe they are annabelle. The first couple of years they received NO sunlight at all. The garden was total shade. Then, we had trees pruned and removed. Now the garden is partial shade, dappled sunlight. Still no blooms for two years. The hydrangeas have never bloomed. I have asked several local nurseries, some said too much sun, some said not enough sun.
    I've cut back all of the dead wood, but left the living wood. They fully leaf, but never bloom. I haven't ever cut them back to the ground. HELP!!
    How can I get these hydrangeas to bloom?
    Thanks very much, in advance for your help.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2008, 10:29 AM
    I never cut back the dead branches... I think that is your problem... in the spring new shoots spring from them, down at the ground level.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bacteria Bloom In Fish Tank [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my name Janet and I am having a crisis in my fish tank. I have a 29 gallon fish tank that has been running for over 1 year with 2 angels, 3 tiger barbs, 1 swordtail, 1 bosemani rainbow, 1 kribensis, 2 tetras and 3 frogs. I had 2 bala sharks that got sick after maybe 2 days in my tank with ich,...

Hydrangea bush [ 2 Answers ]

I want to plant a couple hydrangea bushes in my yard at my new home but I don't know what kind of care they take: do they need sun or no sun, shade or no shade, etc?

View more questions Search