Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    try2light Posts: 76, Reputation: 2

May 11, 2008, 09:30 AM
    Im trying Bio Claire and posting results - can others do the same!
    Ok, I've ordered bio claire , the cream (in a tub) and the oil (apperently the oil is the best and fastest working of all the bio claire) and I'm going to use it on my face and I'm not going to mix them together but use the oil and cream separately once a day. I want other people to share their experience with bio claire and how it worked for them as well. I have seen the other thread on this website which has a lot of bio claire users and they shared their experience but now I want to start a new thread and have new users or more recent users sharing their experience. Im expecting my oil and cream tomorrow or the next day and will keep you posted every few days! Please do the same if your using it or have used it! Thanks!

May 11, 2008, 11:50 AM
    Hmmm, well the thing is I've tried so many products over the years that I am now medium brown (I used to be dark brown). No single product has lightened me that significantly but it rather has been a combination of the loads of products I've used over the last 3 yrs. And the fact that I stay out of the sun for the last 3 yrs as well. And its weird, because on days I can look dark brown again but most days or weeks I'm medium to dark brown. Somewhere in the middle. Well, I'm expecting my bio claire 2mrw and hoping it will work because some people on here have seen spectacular results in such short spaces of time! I am becoming increasingly aware that loads of people are saying that it only last for 2 months. Is that why your saying that your going to use it as a quick fix for the summer? Is that what you mean by knick knack?

May 11, 2008, 12:20 PM
    Yeah I did, had some interesting views from people. It obviously didn't agree with some people who were getting red, itchy skin and rashes. Some people were a fan of mixing the products and others wernt. Some saw amazing results quickly and some it took a while they say. So I guess, its just something each person has to try, I'm deffo going to do a 24hr patch test though to see if I get a bad reaction. The reason I don't want to mix the products is because it will just be messing with the formula. More or 'extra power' by mixing stuff dusnt necessarily mean it will work better. Certain ingredients will only work at certain percentages. And what needs to be understood is that mixing doesn't always increase the power anyway. This is becos every cream or beaty product is made up of 2 things - active ingredients and base ingredients.

Active ingredients - the stuff that changes your skin (so in terms of lightening - arbutin, kojic, licorice - etc)

Base ingredients - the acids and polywax and preservatives which are all needed for the active ingredients to dissolve into. Kojic, arbutin, licorice etc are all powders and need to be mixed with these base ingredients in order for it to become a cream or gel or oil. These have no affect on the skin but just used for the active powders to dissolve, to stop dicsolouration and to make the prodct's 'use by date' longer.

So... mixing two products mean that you will add not only more Active ingredients (which is good) but also you are adding more of the base ingredients (which cancel out the fact that you have added more active ingredients!)

But everyone skin is different, some people in that other thread you started mentioned that mixing works and others found it a waste of time and others had bad break outs. But in my knowledge and opinion, mixing is never the way to go.
    semmi Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2008, 09:16 AM
    I have been using bio clair since februari and my stomach, arms, face and neck are now caramel brown ( I was dark brown) but my back and my legs are medium brown. Bio claire is working for me, but I don't like the fact that my knuckles, knees en elbows are still dark brown. I am considering to start using Gluthatione supplements. Any suggestions?

May 12, 2008, 10:38 AM
    Hiya, I wudnt suggest gluthathione suppliments simply because you have to take them in large dosages and also would have to take large dosages of vitamin C in order for the Glutathione to work its best. Gluthathione, in terms of lightening, is more of a long term thing as well. And furthermore, itl cause lightening all over and that means that your knuckles, knees and elbows may lighten slightly but the rest of you will also lighten and so they will still stand out. I personally wouldn't reccoment glutathione pills over a decent skin lightening cream - creams (providing you find the right one) can work quicker (weeks rather than months like glutathione) and also will be better at lgihtening (whereas glutathione is primarily something used in medicine to de-toxify the liver and the 'side effect' is whitening - but that'l of course take some tine). What other brands of creams are you looking at? Or would like to try?
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

May 12, 2008, 10:40 AM
    I used Bio Claire. The lotion then switched to the tub. It worked great for me but sadly it broke me out so I stopped! I think it's the mineral oil that did it. Hope they come out with an oil free version. :)
    tai18 Posts: 130, Reputation: 2

May 12, 2008, 02:55 PM
    I'm thinking of trying bio claire since so many people in threads which I read since I joined have positve reviews on:) I have a question though I want to use there soap + lotion but do I use the Non Hydroquinone soap or the one with Hydroquinone ? Would it be too strong since the lotion has kojic, licorice and stuff ?

May 12, 2008, 02:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tai18
    im thinking of trying bio claire since so many people in threads which i read since i joined have positve reviews on:) i have a question tho i want to use there soap + lotion but do i use the Non Hydroquinone soap or the one with Hydroquinone ? would it be too strong since the lotion has kojic, licorice and stuff ?
    I wasn't aware they had any products with hydroquinone in it? :)

May 12, 2008, 03:06 PM
    The thing with hydroquinone is that it shoudnt be used for whole face lightening (apart from the scare that it will cause health problems). The reason is that hydroquinone tends to lighten in patches even if you apply it all over your face.

May 12, 2008, 03:09 PM
    And I agree, I thought all the bio claire products had no hydroquinone in it? Where are you looking? What website?
    tai18 Posts: 130, Reputation: 2

May 12, 2008, 03:57 PM
    Ooh nvm lol I thought one of them had hydroquinone because when I was reading the box in a store in canada(where I live) I noticed that one said " Lightening Care Soap Without hydroquinone" and the other one just said "Lightening Care Soap" it didn't say without hydroquinone like the other box so I assumed also on that website Guesso it has the bio claire lotion serum soap 2 of each item displaying and they say Non hydroquinone and the others just say bio claire lotion usually some sellers do that if hydroquinone is illegal in your country.. but I could be wrong ill post the link & if you use hydroquinone at a low percentage like 2% it won't do anything bad (at least it hasn't for me)i used a good hydroquinone soap + face cream and it REALLY lightend my face about 3 shades overall defenetly not in patches maybe if you use a higher unsafe percent then that would happen , but I want to try something different

Bio claire link
    Bio Clair

May 13, 2008, 05:11 AM
    I have ordered my bio claire from this site: Alle Afro haar- en cosmetica nu bij Divine Beauty Webstore. They also ship internationally. All of their products are non-HQ. I have also ordered a cream for knees and elbow lightening.

I have done a lot of research on the net and bio claire seems to do a good job and if you take also some lightening pills you'll speed up the process (I heard).

Does anyone know any other products that work on dark feet, knees and elbows.

May 13, 2008, 06:31 AM
    I've only ever tried to lighten my face so I'm not too sure about the rest of the body to be honest, I suppose its an advantage that the rest of your body is covered up when you go out this summer so its good that the lightening cream can work its best for you without worrying about the sun.

Ok, I've just received my bio claire oil and cream, the oil's ingredients are:

I.P.M
    Huile de vaseline
    Vaseline blanche
    Alcohol cetostearylique
    B.H.T
    Acide stearique
    Alcohol cetylique
    Vitamin E
    M.P.G
    Glycerine
    Actifs Bio Vegetaux 2%
    Colorants
    Fragerance

These ingredients are kind of strange. It seems like their Actifs bio vegetaux is responsible for the lightening but the other ingredients seem a mystery??

The ingredients for the cream (in a tub):

Water
    Mineral oil
    Petrolatum
    Lanolin
    Stearic acid
    Cetyl-strearylic alcohol
    Isopropyl myristate
    Tocopheryl Acetate
    BHT
    Methylparaben
    Propylparaben
    Sodium lauryl sulfate
    Soduim metabisulfate
    Sodium sulfite
    Citric acid
    Propylene Glycol
    Arctostaphylos
    Uva Ursi Extract (bearberry)
    Mulberry
    Licorice
    Citrus medica limonum (lemon extract)
    Kojic acid
    Fragrance

Ok, so these ingredients obviously make more sense with lighteners such as kojic, lemon, mulberry, licorice, bearberry.

There are no instructions on the bio claire OIL as to how many times a day to apply.

On the tub of cream the instructions:

Wash your skin, dry it and mass bio claire softly. Do not rinse. The 1st week - repeat application 3 times a day, then twice a day. Avoid long exposure to sumlight.

Okey doke, I'm going to do a patch test for 24hrs because some people have broken out and had rashes and bad reactions so I'm going to be safe rather than sorry. Il check this board every day but I'm not going to speak of how its working everyday because I think too many people come on here and complain of skin lighteners not working and theyv only been using it for 3days! Il talk of how its working every 5 days or so and il keep you informed of any changes in my skin as soon as I notice anything (i.e if after the 2nd day I see lightening then I will tell you guys - but if I don't see anything then il just stay silent until the 5th day). Im happy to give you guys any info about packaging or the amount of product etc so feel free to ask if you have any question! And please more people join and share your expericnes! :)

May 13, 2008, 06:54 AM
    I actually don't know either whether the oil is responsible for the lightening, but it says that it is a activator. I usually mix the lotion with the oil, this way it is easier to apply.
    But I heard that you shouldn't mix a lot of oil with the lotion, this way the active ingredients of the lotion will loose their power.

The first thing that probably will become fairer is your face, neck/chest, inner side of you arms

May 13, 2008, 07:53 AM
    Maybe that's why there isn't actually instructions on the oil but there is on the cream. Maybe it has to be mixed with the cream or any other skin lightening cream that you use. There is one eBay sller which says that you should add the oil to any skin lightener. That's kind of strange though. I mean, can I use the oil on its own then?

May 13, 2008, 08:09 AM
    I don't know. I always use the lotion or the lotion with the oil. One advice: if you start using bio clair (the lotion mixed with the oil) you skin will become really dry, that's you should also use a good moisturizer (on my face I use vichy and on my body nivea). Then your skin will get a healthy glow. And it is possible that on the back side of your hands/arms or legs will be at first a bit patchy. Within couple of weeks you will get a even tone.

May 14, 2008, 06:37 AM
    OK cool, I'm going to start using the cream in a tub this Monday - I'm going to a wedding this weekend so I don't want to start using the bio claire before that becos I mite get uneven skin tone that everyone keeps saying happens at the start of using it. I may use the cream how it is instructed as well - 3 times a day for the 1st week and twice a day for the 2nd week and then once a day. It's a commitment but I'm going to try and do it. Im going to use the oil as well just once a day at night. Starting Monday. Il keep you all posted!
    want_to_know Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

May 19, 2008, 12:55 PM
    Hello everyone
    I haven't started bio claire yet I just place my order! And I can't wait but I want to know can you use it on your armpits too? Is it really for all over the body?(or exceptions)

May 20, 2008, 10:27 AM
    hi! Yeah its for all over the body. Ok people, I started using it y'day. Im going to try and use it as instructed. So day 1 (y'day) I put it on my face 3 times a day (the cream in a tub). Today is day 2 and I've only managed to put it on twice (because I went out earlier so missed an application). The directions is to put it on 3x a day for the 1st week and then 2x a day for the 2nd week and then just once a day (or twice if u want still). I haven't got a job at the moment so I am able to use it this way. It does thin the skin so be warned - its not a problem or anything, it doesn't make your skin delicate or anything but does make it feel rubbery. Im using the oil as well. I put the oil on first on my face and then I put the cream on top (but I don't actually mix the 2 2getha or anything - I just layer them). So the oil is going on 3 x a day as well. My skin looks cleaner already and more even and when I 1st wash it off my face looks all luminous but to be honest all skin lighteners make your skin glow especially when you wash the cream off in the sink. The question is whether it can make you actually lighter in shade. Il keep u all up2 date with changes I notice!

May 21, 2008, 04:24 AM
    I'll look forward to hearing about your results! :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bio claire [ 3 Answers ]

Hey. Does anyone know if Bio claire contains Mercury which is very dangerous. Then let me know please. Thanks.

Bio claire or DS [ 13 Answers ]

Hello guys do you think bio claire is better than Diana Stalder for lightening? For face and for body---which one is better?? What gives quicker... even... lighter results. Has anyone use Bio claire on their face with success??

Bio claire [ 6 Answers ]

I would like to know the side effects of bio claire crème and lotions? ?

Bio claire [ 9 Answers ]

Yeah Im using Bio Claire the body sking lightening lotion. I read earlier so are you saying the lotion does not work or that its better to mix that other stuff with the oil? What is it called? Or do you physically have to mix it. Ive been doing it for about 1 week now and I see a little bit of...

Bio Claire [ 8 Answers ]

I am lighter than caramel complexion.. I want to use Bioclaire to lighten me up about 2-3 shades.. does anyone recommend it? What's your experiences with bioclaire?

View more questions Search