Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hannah_banana Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2008, 08:38 AM
    Wanting to become a teacher.
    Hey I am really wanting to become a teacher. I had an interview at Uni but I didn't get in so I am going to try and get in through clearing. There is something that the job centre does but I don't know what it is called. Basically the job centre will pay a school some money if they employ you so then don't have to pay you as much! You will become a clasroom assistant for about a year. But I don't know what it is called has anyone heard about it before? Cool if you could give me some advice

Thanks
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 11, 2008, 08:46 AM
    What kind of teacher is it that you are wanting to be, please? As you probably already know, there are many different kinds.

May 11, 2008, 10:04 AM
    A primary ict teacher
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 11, 2008, 11:16 AM
    Also where is this at, each country has its own rules and hiring procedures for being a teacher

May 11, 2008, 11:21 AM
    It is in the uk! The south west.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2008, 11:27 AM
    Don't give up all hope of getting into uni, clearing can work wonders. The trick is persistence and speed! Do you know what was the weakest parts of your application? What course were you applying for? Are you any good at science? There are always spaces in clearing for them as they aren't as popular as some other courses.

May 11, 2008, 11:35 AM
    I know that there are a lot of ICT teachers needed at the moment as my mum works in a school and was telling me about it. My interview was horrible there were 7 of us in the room together and we were all interview in a group discussion. They didn't actually tell me but I think it was because I don't have any experience in the field. But as I said earlier about the job centre. Hopefully if I don't get into uni I will do that! I was rubbish at science by the way lol. I didn't try art because I am doing photography at the moment but they don't see that as an art.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2008, 11:50 AM
    Can your mum give you a hand getting some experience? Even if it's not paid it could still help. It's not what you know, it's who you know half the time.

Also try volunteering around your area, when I was younger I did loads of it with kids with various disabilities from autism to very severe physical difficulties. As a classroom assistant you would often be called to help with kids with different learning diffulculies, so something like that would look great on your CV. Also if you volunteer a lot you can get offered jobs within the organisation.

Want to volunteer? - Plymouth Guild - Providing Support, Advice and Volunteers
    Here is a great site
    DO-IT Home

Even if you get into uni volunteer with kids and around the uni.

May 11, 2008, 11:57 AM
    Thanks for that looks interesting. I am going to research into a lot of stuff. I think it would be slightly weird working with my mum though. But I do live next door to a school. I have done some volenteer work in there in the past so may be able to go and do some more there!
    mrs khan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2008, 04:52 AM
    I was a qualified teacher in Pakistan after coming here in UK how can I keep my profession continue.I don't know from where to take a start?I am M.A. (B.ED) but want to know that what qualification is equal to my degrees according to UK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I become a teacher? [ 17 Answers ]

I am 15 years old and I want to do so many things in life but now I'm thinking, maybe I should be a teacher? I love kids a lot, and working with them but here's the thing. I want to have a job , that I will enjoy. My questions are: How many years of college do you need to become a...

My teacher NEEDS to know [ 1 Answers ]

My teacher needs to know the name of a book about a princess who has to decide if her boyfriend, who is not in her social class, should be eaten by a lion, or marry another beautiful lady, I don't know the name of the book but I REALLY need to, my grade in journalism depends on it, PLEASE HELP ME...

Teacher needs help [ 7 Answers ]

Have a 10 year old student with the following characteristics: Volitle.. emotionally, not physically Mild to moderately paranoid Dislikes most people, yet is very sweet and clingy to me No social skills Immature Insecure Gets very loud and emotional Repeats phrases... I hate you... you...

View more questions Search