Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asimps Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2008, 05:13 PM
    Old Montgomery Ward riding mower-how to remove tire?
    I have an old @20 years old Monkey Ward riding mower that has a flat tire... We got the screw out, but just can't get the tire of the rod its on. It doesn't look like anything is holding it on, but it won't slide off even though we've whacked it with a hammer.

Does anyone know if there's a secret way that this is supposed to come off? This mower is a 5HP 12/32 mower, I couldn't find a model number on it anywhere. Thanks for any help!

:confused:
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2008, 06:08 PM
    You can do some bad damage to the transaxle with that hammer, use caution. You can use a pentrating oil, then with the tire off the ground and safely blocked up and free, you can take a bar and a hammer and place the bar inside the hub and tap with the hammer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Montgomery Ward sewing machine [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Montgomery Ward sewing machine head and I'm trying to learn more about it... the year, the value, etc. The label on the machine says "Precision built for Montgomery Ward Made in Japan." Model # UR 185 B Serial # 55X Volts 110-120 Cycles 25-60 Thanks for any information you can...

Montgomery Ward riding mower won't start [ 13 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to the site. Hopefully this isn't a repeat post. I thought that I had posted before, but I can't find it. Nonetheless, here is the question. I have an older year Montgomery Ward ridding lawn mower with a B&G 12.5 I/C engine. Last season it went out on me at the end of the season. I...

Montgomery Ward Sewing Machine [ 1 Answers ]

I have Montgomery Ward Sewing Machine and need a manual. It was recently given to me by a friend who had had the machine for years without using it and didn't know where the manual might be. It was made in Japan and I cannot find a model # or anything on it except the name, address and phone...

Montgomery Ward riding mower rebuild [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Montgomery Ward riding lawn mower with a PTO shaft driven roto-tiller attachment. It is a 16 Twin 656 cc. Model 33420.. I am trying to finding service manual(s) so I can rebuild it. The engine runs but the wiring has been cut spliced and or removed.

Old Montgomery Ward riding mower [ 1 Answers ]

We are trying to fix this old riding mower that we just acquired and we can't seem to figure out how the mower deck goes on. If anyone can give detailed instructions that would be great.

View more questions Search