Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dreadamico Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2008, 01:50 PM
    Connecting Coworkers
    My company has a dispersed workforce. Some work from home in other cities, some are in the field, and our clients are frustrated with calling a bunch of numbers to get the right people. We have good networking on the IT side, but communications wise, we take a lot of messages for each other. How do we fix this?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 10, 2008, 01:54 PM
    Well first there should a directory so they know who to call.

But why not a general computer net work.
    Linda Griffin Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

May 11, 2008, 11:49 AM
    A centralized help desk/receptionist would be the ideal answer. I'm assuming that each person has voicemail. Here's an alternative to try:

- Have each person (office, at home, or field) update their voice message daily and indicate if they are in the office for the day or not and when they will be returning calls. Ex:" This is Jill. On Friday May 9, I'll be visiting customers most of the day. Please leave a short message. I'll be returning calls within 8 hours." or

"Hi this is Jill, I'll be out of the office from Monday May 5 - Friday May 9. I'll be returning calls on Monday May 12. If you need to speak to someone immediately, please contact Joe at 555-1212." ( Joe should know in advance that he is Jill's alternate)

I've used this successfully in the past. When customers know that someone will return their calls, the frustration is relieved. Of course, your staff must follow up on whatever they put in the voice message.
    lgaraby Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2008, 08:58 AM
    I would build on what Linda said, but you can do it without a receptionist by getting a virtual phone system. This is where a company like Gotvmail hosts your local or 800 number, and everyone's phone becomes an extension within that hosted number. All you customers have to do is call the one number and get directed to the right person.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coworkers jealous of me [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, My name is Laura. I am doing accounting job. There are three other girls in the accounting office except me. I work so hard. And I do anything I can. I always say"no problem" and always finish anything earlier than others. So my manager gave me "excellence award" in last December. Other...

I'm becoming manager and I'm afraid my coworkers will hate me [ 6 Answers ]

I work for a third party cell phone company that has kiosks in random truck stops. My area manager just promoted me to sales manager from senior sales representative. I'm really worried because I really love my coworkers but I'm afraid they aren't going to like me anymore. I mean, I really clicked...

Cheating coworkers [ 1 Answers ]

Why would a married guy who's been flirting with you for over a year,and who does everything possible to show how much he cares about you ,and want to be with , and who says ask me anything you want to know about me I will tell you,and he has,would get so offended when he starts talking about his...

Flirting coworkers [ 8 Answers ]

There is this married guy that has been flirting with me about a month after he was hired.I'ts been a year and a half since He's been hired, and He's still flirting with me.The prolem is I've fallen in love with Him,and I Don't know how to get rid of these feeling since I see Him everyday.Also. His...

Connecting a PC to a TV [ 2 Answers ]

Hey I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could get a cable to hook up my PC to my TV so I can get the audio and video through my TV. I went to best buy the other day looking for one but couldn't find any. Thanks

View more questions Search