Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dariorontayj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2008, 10:58 AM
    Do you have to be license for resident cleaning?
    My husband has started his cleaning business. He is registered with the IRS, but he needs
    To know if you have to be license and bonded to start marketing and working this
    Business.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 10, 2008, 11:50 AM
    First what do you mean register with the IRS ? Do you mean he got a EIN number or something

But yes he will most likely need a business license, as for as bonded, only if you are using it as a advertising or if some of your customers require it.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 10, 2008, 04:05 PM
    If in the U.S. whether he would need a license can be found out by contacting the city, county or even state officials where he will be working. If he is using a business name for tax purposes he will be more likely to need to be licensed. If not using a name other than his own, then most likely there is no need for a license. Around where I live, I have been operating a number of private businesses where I do work in family homes. Because I don't use my business names for tax purposes, I have never had to have a license. The laws concerning this will vary depending on where you are located.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cleaning license [ 3 Answers ]

How Do I Get A Cleaning License

Cleaning license [ 2 Answers ]

Do I need a business license to start my cleaning business

What I have to do for get my cleaning license [ 5 Answers ]

What I have to do for get my cleaning license

Cleaning 'license [ 1 Answers ]

I am starting a housecleaning business, sole proprietor, no employees. How and where do I get 'bonded' and what (if any) is the difference between being 'bonded' and 'insured'? Thanks!

Cleaning license [ 9 Answers ]

I need to get my cleaning license but don't know where, I live here in Arizona can someone help me?

View more questions Search