Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jenspero Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2008, 10:26 AM
    Connect Vaio laptop to sharp HDTV
    I have a Vaio laptop (I think the model is PCG-7T1L(that is what it says on the bottom) but it also says VGN-N130G near the screen) and I am trying to use my Sharp HDTV as a second monitor, to watch movies.

I have the right cord (VGA to component video, the blue,red and green plug ins to the TV), but when I plug it in and go to the screen settings, the TV work as a second monitor.

I do have another TV that has a VGA input on it and I have gotten that TV to be used as a second monitor. What do I need to do for the computer to show up on the sharp TV? Is there a certain setting that I need to enable for the component video to work?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

May 10, 2008, 11:21 PM
    The User's Guide for the VGN-N130G only indicated you can select the display mode by right-clicking the desktop and then selecting graphics properties and following the on-screen instructions.

If the other TV works, then the computer is outputting a signal. Check on the HDTV to see if you need to select the component video input as the input source.

Also, all this assumes the output from the pc/adapter you're using is creating the right color model and refresh rate for what the TV is expecting.
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

May 14, 2008, 07:47 AM
    I agree with Scleros. You need to select the video input source on the TV. Right now, it is probably set to Cable/Antenna. You have to change it. It would be the same if you connected a DVD player up to the RGB-A inputs. You would have to change the input from Cable to the DVD player.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to connect GoVideo VCR/DVD combo to Sony HDTV [ 2 Answers ]

I've connected the Sony HDTV to the cable box with the HDMI cables. Connected the component cables from the TV to the VCR/DVD player with all the appropriate colors. The VCR/DVD player is plugged in and works but no picture when the TV is on input HDMI, and the VCR player works when on input...

HOW DO I connect MY Samsung LE32R8 to sony vaio VGN-N21E/W ? [ 1 Answers ]

:) I want to connect my sony vaio VGN-N21E/W to my Samsung LE37R8 I planned to use the answer for a different question (different models) but each update is specific to the vaio model. The TV says no signal but I see my desktop for a split second Please help

Live TV on VAIO Laptop (via Media Center) [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all! So, I bought myself a new laptop on the weekend, this one to be precise! :D I'm wanting to plug my digital freeview box into it and watch TV through Media Center, but I can't get it to work! Boooo! I plugged the co-ax from the wall socket straight to my laptop TV card just to...

Sony vaio laptop keyboard [ 1 Answers ]

The lap top is 3 years old and the keyboard does not work. In "WORD" the letter "V" continuously runs on and on. The computer tries to open files beginning with the letter "V" like, Vaio Recovery, and any program beginning with the letter "V". You can still use the mouse pad only. My question,...

How do I connect a DVD Recorder to Satellite Box to HDTV? [ 1 Answers ]

Here's what I'm trying to connect: Phillips DVD Recorder Model DVDR3400 (which has 1 HDMI input) DirecTV HD Receiver (which also has 1 HDMI input) Panasonic Plasma HDTV Model TH-42PX60U (has 2 HDMI inputs) And this is what I have in the way of cables: 1 HDMI cable 1 component video...

View more questions Search