Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bsmith98208 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2008, 10:18 AM
    Pro forma balance sheet
    I need an example of a pro forma balance sheet. Say the company's current assets are: Assets $100 Debt $10 Equity $90. I don't understand how this relates to the equity financing.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

May 10, 2008, 12:46 PM
    A pro forma balance sheet looks like any other balance sheet. It's sort of a budgeted "what if" of the future, rather than a factual reporting of the past. i.e. a projected balance sheet. It would be based on prior actual figures and projections of the future. (For a new company, it's all projection.)

If you already have numbers, it just looks like a balance sheet, like any other.

Now actually doing one is an entirely different matter, because projecting the future can be a complicated matter. You'd have to already have a projected income statement, and cash flows, and some other info.

How it relates to equity financing is that these can be used to analyze what is going on in the company. You can analyze them the same way you can analyze an actual past financial statement. So for instance, you can analyze the balance and consequences of the debt and equity financing. If a company were considering new financing, that would be a perfect time to do one.
    hapy908 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2009, 12:04 PM
    Current balance sheet assets 100 debt 10 equity 90

Pro forma balance sheet
    Assets 100

Debt
    Equity
    hapy908 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2009, 12:07 PM
    Current balance sheet
    Assets 100
    Debt 10
    Equity 90

Pro forma

Assets 100

Debt
    Equity

What happen to cost of capital and why

If a firm uses too much financing why would capital rise
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2009, 03:34 PM

The thread is over a year old.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ledger, trial balance, balance sheet [ 5 Answers ]

hello, I have problem with my assignment. Can anyone help me with one question? I have to prepare journals, ledger, trial balance, profit and loss and balance sheet. Jan 6 Bought spare parts on credit 27000 cash sale 62500 Jan 7 charged Moji for repairs 5000 sold spare parts to Koba on...

Creating balance sheet from trial balance [ 10 Answers ]

I am having issues getting a balance sheet to come out right from the given data from a trial balance. Can anyone help me out with this? I have included a picture of what I am working on...

Balance Sheet [ 1 Answers ]

Please answer this when told to go make a entry on the balance sheet how do I do this?

If T-Accounts Balance does this mean balance sheet & P&L work correctly? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Just wondering been having some problems with my Balance Sheet balancing, I was wondering if the Trial Balance balances, does that mean that the balance sheet will balance? (given that I do everything correctly? ) Also just a quick question while I'm asking, regarding depreciation in...

View more questions Search