Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marcia25 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2008, 09:05 AM
    About the pyloric sphincter
    I have a question and I am stuck if anyone could help me with the answer I would much appreciate it

The circular muscles of the pyloric sphincter relaxes and it's longitudinal muscles contract. What will happen to:

a. the pyloric sphincter
    b.movement of the food through the gut
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 10, 2008, 09:29 AM
    Please tell me what you think the answer to this question is. I can't give you the answer, but I can help you.

Tell me what you think the answer is and why, and I will guide you.
    marcia25 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2008, 10:05 AM
    I think question e is in the duodenum layers longitudinal and circular relax and contract regularly this is because food is moved and is moving along through the gut by peristalsis waves. Peristalsis is a series of wave-like muscle contractions that moves the food. Circular muscles in the wall relax in front of the bolus of food and contract behind it and will push the food forward.

And d is the pyloric sphincter has a ring of muscle that relaxes and contracts. The ring of muscle contracts and closes the passageway or relaxes and allows food to pass through
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 10, 2008, 01:56 PM
    E and D? You only mention A and B above.

However, your answer is a very sound answer, just keep building on it... Sounds very good to me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search