Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    megaman87 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2006, 09:49 PM
    Is this animal abuse?
    I have a neighbor that don't feed his dog and don't give him water I always do it because I feel bad for the poor thing he is always crying from starvation and thirst he looks like the owner use him for fighting because he is all scared up and two days ago he was running loose on the street and I had my pitbull out on a chain and the dog attacked my dog my dog defended himself and gave him some really bad cuts I would like to know what should I do about this irresponssibel pitbull owner I know my dog is not violent because I positive that I raised him right and this dog is injured really bad what should I do ? Do you think it was my fault that my dog hurt him ? Cause even though my dog was only defending himself I feel bad cause I wouldn't like a stronger dog coming and hurting mine . So can anyone tell me if I should report this and how to report it ? Because I think it would be best for the dog to be put to sleep than to suffer > by the way both my neighbor and my dog are pitbulls and I know why people think they are bad dogs because of irresponssible owner like my neighbor .
    aj55 Posts: 68, Reputation: 5

Feb 22, 2006, 11:02 PM
    You need to call the police immediately and also notify the SPCA in your area. If this dog has gotten loose before you need to report it before someone else gets attacked or worse.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2006, 04:49 AM
    That man is the enemy of all Pit Bull lovers and animal lovers in general. So yes, call the police and whoever is responsible for animal control in your area. A lot of people involved in dog fighting are also selling drugs. Do what you can to rid your neighborhood of this guy.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2006, 05:14 AM
    Hi,
    I agree with your other answers. Call your Local Humanes Society, Animal Shelter, or your local Sheriffs' Department.
    The dog would be much better off not living with this person.
    Yes, it is Animal Abuse.
    I also would like to say that there are no bad dog breeds; just owners who don't know what to do, how to train them, or how to take care of them properly; goes for any dog breed. It depends on the owner.
    I do wish you the best.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 23, 2006, 06:07 AM
    If the dog was loose and attacked your dog, Then is when you should have called the police, so that all the evidence of this was there, plus get witnesses to the attack.

The breed itself is and can be agressibe, many cities , such as ours has specific laws about bit bulls because of the problems there has been with them.

Also you need to have your dog checked by a vet, if he was scratched or bite by the other aninaml there could be infection or other problems.
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Feb 23, 2006, 07:52 AM
    If the dog has scares where it has been fighting and it is emaciated call the local ACO (animal control officer). They will come out and investigate the situation and if need be confiscate the animal and the owner will face charges, end of your problem.

As for you, you need to keep your dog in side for its safety and well being, this is not the first time your dog has been attacked by another pit-bull, and the area you live in is obviously not safe.
    sh4k1ra Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Feb 24, 2006, 03:49 AM
    In The Netherlands most pitbulls are illegal, and they are not allowed to run loose.
    tiny rue Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2006, 04:19 AM
    If the dog was running loose and it attacked another dog and also if you think that the dog used to be used for fighting then this is abuse .
    If he is not feeding or letting the dog have water you need to report this

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Abuse and suicide [ 16 Answers ]

I'm 18, I was sexually abused by my dad for a long time. It wasn't just my dad but his friends. My mum knew about this and did nothing and it is never spoke of. I can't bring myself to tell anyone about this! The feelings have got worse as I have just found out my dad has died, I lost contact...

Daschund Abuse [ 4 Answers ]

I have 2 Daschunds that we got 3 months ago, that were abused, they urinate and poop in the house they don't bark to let me know they have to go. Now that winters coming It's harder to get them out. The Younger one is afraid of everything , loud noises big trucks, she doesn't even know how to play,...

My grandchild abuse [ 6 Answers ]

My grandchild will be two very soon my daughter a single mom has a drinking problem and anger issues.tell me what you think I have been helping her take care of him . Pick him up one Sunday about a month ago and the baby sitter said he fell out of the highchair call her right away she was out...

Abuse? [ 10 Answers ]

I don't know where to start... I am wondering when behavior becomes abusive. My husband and I have been together for 13 years and I don't know if I am in an abusive relationship. I'm not even sure I want to know. We met in highshcool and shortly after I became pregnant, 3 months to be...

View more questions Search