Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 10, 2008, 12:54 AM
    How to get this body
    I want to know how to get Mel B's body.

I want to know how to get the six pack abs, tight thighs, muscular arms, and just all around toned body.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 10, 2008, 05:39 AM
    Did you post an image in your question, Momma? If so, after a couple attempts here, it's not appearing. Just wanted to let you know. Maybe it will appear, though.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 10, 2008, 05:56 AM
    Dedication: Mel B's newly toned stomach | Celebrity Body Gossip
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 10, 2008, 05:59 AM
    Get rich so all you have to worry about all day is your looks,
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2008, 06:02 AM
    I can see it fine...

It's Mel B for anyone who can't see it :)

There's no big secrete to getting a body like that it's just a healthy diet and modest exercise.

If you want nice toned abs I'd suggest running and hiking with a 15kg backpack- that really works for me. For thighs stairs are the best- take them two at a time and at speed! Helps if you live four stories up ;) I like rowing for arms.

Good all body work outs are things like boxing and martial arts. If you do something you enjoy you are more likely to stick to it.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 10, 2008, 06:09 AM
    Well, you can't "get" Mel B's body! But, you can make do the best that you can with the one that you have, based upon the fine advice that you will receive here concerning diet, exercise and toning!
    Vision Expert

May 10, 2008, 03:09 PM
    I am already dieting and exercising. I mean what specific exercises must I do to get toned arms like hers, and a six pack abs.
    l341972 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

May 13, 2008, 09:27 AM
    I was faIt 295 pounds and at 6' that's fat.However growing up I allways played seasonal sports baseball,football,and basketball,they all started and ended at different times,so I guess by seasonal I mean sports seaonal,anyway I had a good be uild underneath I just let myself go.2 years ago I was called fat for the last time.I began working out in my living room 30 minutes a day just jumping jacks,push-ups,and shadow boxing.I had no weights,now 2 years later I am 210 pounds and in excellent shape.my workouts now last about 1 hour everey day and I have purchased a bowflex(the midlle priced one runs about 1400 dollars) but its worth it.I encourage you to push through and find routines that are fun for you,unfortunately though abs are tough no matter what method you use,its one area that's going to hurt regardless of your choice of exercise.however I watched a video on you-yube about how to paint on abs,you might try that also.
    Vision Expert

May 13, 2008, 05:36 PM
    That didn't answer my question in the least bit. But congratulations on your weight loss. I am not going to paint on abs. I want to be in shape, not just look like I am in shape.
    templelane Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 227
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2008, 04:06 AM
    Well then Chihuahua it's time to get moving. You need an all body work out, you cannot tarket weight loss to one area- we just don't work like that. You can do 500 sit ups a day and not get abs because you'll have a snug layer of fat hiding you fantastic muscles.

What are you eating at the moment? From your pictures you don't look big so you probably don't need to cut down very much- especially if you are going to start a new exercise routine. But it is always good to eat healthy. Be very suspicious of any prepared foods that say low in fat or diet on them. They usually but loads of rubbish in these things to bulk them up and add to the taste. In my supermarket I found a diet 'good for you' ready meal with more calories in it than the regular one!

Not that you should be eating ready meals anyway. It's truly disgusting when you find out what's in them- they taste like ____ and are full of preservatives.

Anyway back to the exercises- find a class or two to attend they work you out much harder and push you more than if you go to the gym yourself. You also make new friends which is nice!

PS if your destination is less than 3 miles there then walk it!
    Vision Expert

May 14, 2008, 11:21 AM
    Templelane--

Thanks for the advice. I'm already on a 1,200 calorie diet. I have a few really good cook books I use to prepare my meals. No preackaged ickiness. I already know that's bad for me. I've already lost 30 pounds. I have 20 more to go to my goal, then I want to change up my exercise to get a very toned body.

I can't join classes at the gym because they are all over by the time I have the time to go. I can go and do my work out at my own pace, and time, and that's the reason I'm here asking.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

May 19, 2008, 06:00 PM
    Get a pilates dvd to do at home. Id suggest Stott pilates from my personal experience. Ill link the site up below. My partner loved to run. Every time her body added some weight, usually from that getting-a-little-older-and-your-metabolism-changes-crap, she's tried to run it off. You know, cardio the lbs off.

Well, after my son was born she took a different route. She cut her running in half... maybe even a third, with some walking instead, and she began to cross train. Billy blanks tae bo amped for upper arm work (lots of shoulder work with a weight) and pilates for core strength.

Shed done pilates before, but not 5-7 days a week. She was in pretty solid shape, but had a little toning in the abs she wanted and also some lower back fat that pestered her. Within two weeks of doing intermediate pilates (after about a month of beginner, and all of it 5-7 days a week) she got that line down the middle of her abs. within a month she lost the lower back fat and just tightened up and cranked it in. but she did it religiously and deliberately, with good form, good breathing, and good muscle contraction.

She isn't quite going to show a six pack today, but she can do a rolling situp with the best of them and has awesome core strength. And you can honestly see the rough outline of that pack... and you can feel it with your fingers. She can wear anything she wants and not worry about her form, but she worked it off with a plan.

Pilates bores the crap out of me sometimes... I like faster paced stuff or to hit a heavy bag or weight machines to work your core... but I've been doing it twice a week for a month now and I cannot deny its results. It might not get you exactly what you want, as each persons body can respond differently, but I'm damned impressed with it.

I like the following dvd set.. but if you cannot buy it, check out your local library... you can usually try out a few exercise dvds just to see what might stick... and id seriously try pilates, especially a program that has a beginner and intermediate level. I have a friend who is a trainer... all she does professionally is pilates sessions in her basement studio... and she says once you get the intermediate forms down, you have a program you can do the rest of your life.

The first time I did it, on the into training level, not the intermediate level, not even the beginner level, I think I asked my wife, as they asked me to damn near levitate on one foot and a hand, "what kind of sado-masochistic bull$hit is this?!?!"...

Well, its an exercise program developed by a prisoner of war who knew how to tone the body with limited resources.

When you are in a time crunch, get a dvd. Also get up early to do them, even if it means missing an hour of beloved sleep. It gets your routine done and over, and cranks your metabolism up for the first half of the days calories.

Link to stott pilates coming up...

STOTT PILATES | At Home Video Series

Scroll down to the first four part series, starting with the secret to flat abs, core challenge, etc... that's the series we both use. My partners on level 3, I'm level two with still sloppy form.

You can buy dvds with the bells and whistles too... the rings and straps and balls... but honestly, that four part series I linked, I believe in.

Looks like you can get the intro tape from Amazon for less than 5 bucks...
    Uber Member

May 19, 2008, 06:35 PM
    Also straight from her...

Spice Girl Mel B to release fitness dvd - Yahoo! News UK

Just a news release that's she's putting out a dvd... what the vid is we don't know yet...
    Vision Expert

May 19, 2008, 09:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp2171
    also straight from her...

Spice Girl Mel B to release fitness dvd - Yahoo! News UK

just a news release thats shes putting out a dvd... what the vid is we dont know yet...
    It's actually speculated that she stole the ideas and moves from her personal trainer... :P

I meant something for me to do at the gym. What machines to use, how much... that sort of thing. I can't work out at home, I won't be motivated...
    pimp_mah_alpaka Posts: 103, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2008, 09:46 PM
    Well she would have a personal trainer.. maybe you should go to a gym or have a personal trainer.. aerobics maybe? I don't no.. Spend time with friends and go for walks.. you don't need the perfect body.. just love yourself for who you are and what you've got.. do don't go stressin over it =]
    Vision Expert

May 19, 2008, 09:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pimp_mah_alpaka
    Well she would have a personal trainer .. maybe you should go to a gym or have a personal trainer .. aerobics maybe? i dnt no.. spend time with friends and go for walks.. you don't need the perfect body .. just love yourself for who you are and what you've got .. do dont go stressin over it =]
    I do go to a gym, that was part of my question. I cannot afford a personal trainer. I need to know what exercises to do at the gym to obtain a perfect figure. Going for walks does not obtain this. I love myself, and therefore want to constantly improve myself and the way I live. I want to be healthy. Please read ALL posts in a thread before responding.
    Uber Member

May 19, 2008, 10:35 PM
    Mkay... so you won't do what I know will work.

There are some OK machines at the gym, but if you don't have it in you to push yourself, I can't help you. Going through the motions doesn't cut it.

Most good ab work isn't tied to a machine. Just the truth.
    Uber Member

May 19, 2008, 10:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    It's actually speculated that she stole the ideas and moves from her personal trainer...:P
    And using her trainers ideas is bad for you because..?
    Vision Expert

May 19, 2008, 10:39 PM
    When at home, I don't have time to work out, there are things that I need to do at home. That's why I go to the gym. I've tried pilates and could never get the hang of it. That's really the only thing that will work? Pilates. If I didn't have it in me to push myself I wouldn't have already lost 30 pounds.
    Vision Expert

May 19, 2008, 10:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp2171
    and using her trainers ideas is bad for you because...???
    I never said that it was. I was stating a piece of trivia.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Body fat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a good height(5'9) but I have a tummy and my hips and bums and thighs have a lot of fat. Even if I play or do cardio excercises the sweat comes from my back and not tummy. What should I do to decrease my tummy, bums, thighs , hips and chest? If sweat is not the form of fat then how to lose...

Want best body [ 1 Answers ]

I want best body cause some ers always say me I'm very thin. I am 18 and possesses only 48kgs. I'm in depression also so guide me my friends! My name is nil. So, came on point, I now don't eat eggs. I'm veg.

View more questions Search