Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confused25 Posts: 319, Reputation: 98

May 9, 2008, 10:46 PM
    Really Bad Break-Ups
    Well I was just wondering how many of you have gone through a really bad break-up. It's obvious that most break-ups never go smoothly, but there are those that were just plain bad. For example, I know a couple who were going through a real tough problem and then one night there was some miscommunication that resulted in a huge fight out in the open. Mean things were said, they parted ways, and they have never spoken since.

Have any of you been through something similar or worse? Did you ever end up talking again? Or was the break-up on such bad terms that you never saw each other again after that last fight?

I know it's a weird question, but I'm just curious and I hope some people will share.
    thegreatestviz Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

May 10, 2008, 04:13 AM
    Yeah... happens to many people..
    Take my case... I was going out with this girl for 8 months and then at the end of 8th month from sombody I found out that shee was two timing me with some other guy... it was going very smooth excepth the fact that we both never kissed anyone before and were both nervous so we never kissed... when I asked her was she two timing me she told me she was.. and I was dumb-struck for that moment. I mean I couldn't speak and move at all.. I was in the bus when she said this and everyone was starting at me.. it was pretty bad experience for me.. I even found out that she had made out in that one month she was two timing.. and was going everyday to his place in the evening for god knows what...
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2008, 11:51 AM
    My worst break up was awesome. We had dated for 3 years and she was a cheating skank (you can't edit that, she really was, I know better then anybody). She also worked next to me as I ran a sporting goods store and she was an optomintrist (spelling?) in a mall we both worked at. The first time she dumped me for another guy (I didn't know it at the time but I found out when we got back together by her own employee). When she dumped me she said she wanted changed her "mood" and was "going in a different direction." Like all cheating skanks she wanted to remain "friends......really good friends." Now I was to young and stupid to know that I should implement NC but after a week or two begging I did so out of anger, not because I knew what I was doing.

While dating I had allowed her to use a display case and a sign holder that was in the main part of the mall that belonged to my store. While I emptied the display case of her stuff and took her signs out of the sign holder and put mine back in. Without saying a word to one another she and I started changing each others signs and display cases. Finally I wrote her a professional letter that stated nothing directly about our relationship in case this ever got back to my boss but the letter stated then when she first started I had allowed her to use the display case and sign holder as an act of generocity but under the condition that since we owned it, we could revoke her use at any time. I even stated that as times changed so did are marketing strategies which forced us to "go in a different direction." Our new direction caused us to change our "mood." At the bottom of this I gave her a date by which to remove her stuff and should she have any questions to please feel free to call me at my WORK number between such and such hours. God, it was awesome. Apparently when she read it she lost it and threw a few F bombs and tore it up. I was actually afraid it was going to get back to my boss and it didn't even last 60 seconds. She then without saying a word removed all her crap.

Eventually she called me and we got back together... because I WAS REALLY STUPID! She brought this letter up one time and I as was about to answer her she interruppted me and said, "Nevermind." I never brought it up again nor did she.

But like all cheating skanks, she did it again, and her receptionist let me in on it and what had happened the first time she dumped. So I dropped her for the final time and again did NC... because I hated her, not because I knew what I was doing. About a month goes by and she strolls into my store and hands me a phone bill that had long distance charges from her home phone (back in the old days of the 90's it didn't come free with the cell phones) for a friend of mine. She didn't even say hello, she just marched in and said, "You are going to pay for that." I looked at her, smiled, and said, "No, No I'm not." She then lost it, completely lost it and was screaming at me. As God is my witness, I looked at her and kept smiling and then repeatedly said, "Will you please leave my store." It was priceless. I'm laughing so hard just thinking about this and this was 10 years ago. She eventually picked up a phone and threw it me at which point I tried to walk out of the store. She tried blocking me and started shoving me. All the while, I'm saying with a smile, "Will you please leave?" A crowd of people had stopped and started watching this a guy who worked for the mall had called security. This went on for 20 minutes or and finally she reached up and punched me, at which point I absolutely lost it and went to yell right back in her face. Before I could the maintence guy grabbed me and who should finally arrive?? Yes security. To see me lose it while this has been going for 20 minutes. Luckily, I had 12 or 15 witnesses who sided with me. I could have really F'ed her good because I could have charged her with assault, trespassing, and 3 other things which escape me at the moment. I also could have got a restraining order on her which everybody encouranged me to do because it basically would have meant she would have been fired since we worked next to each other. She had a little girl, so I didn't want to punish her and have her mom lose her job (AHHH nice guy syndrom) so I didn't but I could have screwed her up royally that day. As it was, we never spoke again, but several weeks later my ex admitted to her receptionist that "he trusted me, and I never gave him a reason, and now he's gone." Sometimes you have to wait it out to find out just how much you meant, sometimes they don't even know until your gone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am so confuesed. Break? Does that mean break up? [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend decided to text me and tell me we needed a break. He promised me we would get back together. He said he keeps thinking about the past and stupid stuff. He said I was his everything and that we would be back together real soon. His ex has kept bothering him.. and now we talk but I...

Break up and taking a break [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend asked for a break because he's been too busy. Its been a week and I'm not sure whether were on a break or completely done. The last he told me was that we weren't completely done. But how do I know if we're still on a break or if its over?

View more questions Search