Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lu0400 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2008, 10:28 PM
    I have no idea what monetary gift is norm for me to give to my niece for college grad
    I am close to my niece, and I have no idea what is considered"average" for a college graduation monetary gift
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 10, 2008, 05:47 AM
    It all depends on what you can afford. I don't think that there is anything as some sort of "average" concerning this. If it were me giving the gift, I think that $100.00 would be sufficient. For others giving monetary gifts, it might be more or less than that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 10, 2008, 05:56 AM
    Yes, do you make 1 million a year or do you work a min wage job at Walmart. I seldom give more than 50 dollars personally but then I friends that 250 to 500 is not uncommom as gifts. In the end it will depend on your ability and also if you have other nices or newphews are you going to set a pattern or make others mad latter for not being treated the same

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monetary gift for a Grandson's College Graduation [ 1 Answers ]

My Son is graduating from college and my Mother asked me what an appropriate amount would be for a monetary gift from her??

Monetary gift college graduate [ 5 Answers ]

What would be an appropriate monetary gift for a college graduate who is my goddaughter? Her mother is a very dear friend of mine.

Monetary wedding gift [ 6 Answers ]

What would be the proper monetary wedding gift as a member of the wedding party?

What is an appropriate monetary gift for graduation? [ 4 Answers ]

What is an appropriate monetary gift for a neighbor's h.s. graduation? They are a nice family, and we dog sit for them and they for us, but the kids have never bothered to talk to us much, or do anything for us, even though we are quite a bit older than there parents. He is going to the local...

Appropriate college graduation monetary gift [ 3 Answers ]

What would be an appropriate monetary college graduation gift for a neighbor's daughter that I don't know well and her friend that I don't know at all. It is a combined college graduation party. :confused:

View more questions Search