Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flyfisherman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2008, 09:53 PM
    Price check on Luxaire 3 ton 14 SEER AC/Heat Unit
    Can anyone shed any light on the Luxaire 3 ton 14 SEER unit as to dependability. Your comments would be greatly appreciated. Also what is a good price range for this unit.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 10, 2008, 04:03 AM
    All units are only as good as the installing contractor. Chose the company you are going to deal with carefully.

Cost will depend upon the area in which you live. Call and get another estimate or two. This way you can see what both companies are offering and at what price.
    gottee Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2008, 08:54 PM
    I have installed some Luxaire in the past, I have also installed lots of Yorks. They are identical units. Maybe get a quote from a York dealer.

The unit will only be as reliable as its installer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/C Repair or replace? SEER 12 or 19? A/C or Heat Pump? [ 3 Answers ]

Have you ever studied up on something, and the more information you got, the more confused you became? That's where I am on an air conditioning problem I have. Here's the story: We recently bought an eleven year old home we plan to stay in the rest of our lives (20 years or more). This past...

Amana 16 seer vs trane 14 seer [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to replace 2 evaporative coolers with a 3 ton and a 4 ton ac split units Which includes swapping out the old furnaces. I have been given 2 choices amana 16 seer 2 speed compressor of 14 seer trane with 1 speed compressor. Which is best?

Is $2972 for a Payne 2 ton 13 seer a/c fair price? [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing an old rooftop a/c unit in my condo in Tallahassee, FL. I have been given a quote for a Payne 2 TON 13 SEER R22 refrigerant in the amount of $2972, $3190 w/ heat pump. For $3590 I can have a Bryant 2 ton 13 SEER R10 w/ heat pump installed instead. Being that I'm in Florida, do you...

Luxaire heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

Older model luxaire heatpump will blow warm air in heat mode for several minutes then star blowing out cold air. Unit has new filter and coils are clean. The blower motor. Condensing motor and compressor run but blows cold air. Any suggestions on what problem could be?

View more questions Search