Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GorgeousAmber Posts: 51, Reputation: 2

May 9, 2008, 04:52 PM
    Still stressing about mayme being pregnant.
    My mom says it's nothing and I can't be pregnant because it's basically impossible to get pregnant without having sex, but if my ex boyfriend did what I think he did before he fingered me by accident than it's a possibility and yes I have re-read over a lot of colums to come the statement that it's possible, I was 5 days late for my period than I got it and had one heavy day and the rest way light I've never had a late period and I've been getting them since I was 12 and I am nearly 16 now.. well it's been like a couple days since my last period.. and I've been having quite a bit of discharge and I've never had this discharge before, it's like a light yellowish I think, and it's clr and somewhat watery, I'eave had to change my panties twice so far since I got home from school I just decided to put a pad on now knowing its not going to stop at the moment, I know I'm probably just stressing out over nothing.. But my mother will not allow me to get a pregnancy test because she says it won't work properly first use.. I hope you guys have some answers to help me out here.. maybe calm me down a bit? Thanks a bunch to whomever is able to assist me, it means a lot.
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2008, 12:40 AM
    I wouldn't worry so much about the chance of being pregnant as much as I would about the discharge. There's a very, very slim chance of you being pregnant from being fingered. And that you did get your period after makes me think even less that you are (not saying its impossible, just unlikely). That much discharge for that long when you normally don't have much discharge seems like a visit to the dr's might not be a bad idea.
    mikezapwnzor Posts: 99, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2008, 09:19 PM
    Unless there was sperm on his finger when he fingered you the chances of you being pregnant are very small.
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2008, 11:27 PM
    Well, the only way its possible at all to get pregnant from being fingered would be if there was sperm on his finger... and even if there was it's a very slim chance
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2008, 03:35 PM
    The discharge sounds like you have an infection, possibly due to unclean hands/finger. Does it smell bad? If not, it is just a different version of your normal vaginal discharge.

If it does smell strong/bad then you need to see the doctor about a test for gonahorrea (sp?)
    Your mother is wrong, most urine-based tests are fairly accurate, even early-on nowadays.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 12, 2008, 03:38 PM
    I would agree, you need to discuss the discharge with your mom and see if a visit to your doctor is not called for.

May 12, 2008, 04:02 PM
    Well I talked to my mom about it, she says it's nothing.. and it's off and on.. like I don't get it for three days at a time, than I get it for 2 days straight..
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2008, 04:04 PM
    Okay, but is it normal for you to have different colour/consistency discharge? It should be cyclic, but you would know what is normal FOR YOU. Your mother would not necessarily know what is normal for YOUR vaginal discharge Amber.
    tai18 Posts: 130, Reputation: 2

May 12, 2008, 04:46 PM
    No its not normal, it should be white if it's a different colour you have a infection. Read this they tell you what infection you have by the colour of your discharge Vaginal Discharge
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2008, 11:07 PM
    If your mother won't take you to the dr's go to planned parenthood. They can probably check you out anyway. The truth is, mother's don't always know everything. You shouldn't have to keep worrying about this and the fact that you're still posting makes me think you are still concerned. That alone makes me think its time to call the doctor.

May 13, 2008, 02:56 AM
    And to answer -Xrayman- no this is not normal for me.. I have never had the yellowish discharge, never even had so much watery to make my panties that wet.. but its back to having a bit of clear.. and to answer -Tai18- Well about the link you sent me.. I only had the yellowish discharge, There was no bad odor, no swelling or itching, and no foamy cottage cheese.. :/

May 13, 2008, 01:58 PM
    Yeah but either way its yellow. . That's not normal.. . Tell your mom so she can take you to the doctor
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2008, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tai18
    yeah but either way its yellow . . thats not normal . . . tell your mom so she can take you to the doctor
    Incorrect: all women are not the same, individual discharge colour can vary -the most important symptom is the presence of itchiness/redness or vulval/vaginal pain.

If the discharge is yellow coloured/smelly AND the vulva or vagina is red and sore, then there is an issue. The fact that she is young still points to a shift in eostrogen/progesterone balance that may be regarded as a "normal variant".

Anyway, if you are still concerned or there is painful urination, see the doctor.

May 13, 2008, 04:26 PM
    Anyway I'm a woman. I've been to the doctor for checkups. If it's a different colour then WHITE or clear(since your only 14) then I suggest you tell your mom so she can take you to the doctor. Hope you do that!:) bye

Jun 4, 2008, 02:52 PM
    Recently, I've been feeling kindah of nausious, and I've had migranes and bright yellow pee and when I wipped after peeing about 2 weeks I had this pinkish discharge, now I've been having a lot of clear, I did take a pregnancy test and it came back negative, but It might have been to soon to take a pregnancy test.. anyone have any ideas, or has anyone had the same problems?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jun 5, 2008, 06:52 AM
    Its highly unlikely that you are pregnant from fingering. However, infection is very possible from unclean hands or fingernails.

To correct a previous statement, yellow discharge is not normal. If you can get to a library or bookstore, browse through Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. It can describe the different cyclical cervical fluid that women experience. The "egg white" cervical mucus "can" have a slight yellow tinge to it, but that still uncommon. No matter what point of your cycle (except your period), healthy cervical fluid is usually clear, white or a cloudy mix of both colors. Pink or brown is spotting, usually related to your period beginning or ending.
    What you described of having yellow discharge for 2 days then a fews days pass before it comes back is also a clue that it is not normal. A women's cycle of fluids will not fall into a pattern like this. A yeast infection is a good possibility.

You're 16 which is a good age to start visiting a GYN regularly. Tell your mom this is not normal, and not going away. For your own health and good habits it's a good time to start getting that yearly exam.

GL!
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Jun 5, 2008, 06:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GorgeousAmber
    Recently, I've been feeling kindah of nausious, and i've had migranes and bright yellow pee and when i wipped after peeing about 2 weeks i had this pinkish discharge, now i've been having a lot of clear, I did take a pregnancy test and it came back negative, but It might have been to soon to take a pregnancy test..anyone have any ideas, or has anyone had the same problems?
    Nausea and migraines can easily be caused by stress or illness. Bright yellow pee indicates that you are dehydrated, which can also cause migraines. (Urine should always be light yellow or clear, otherwise you are dehydrated, possibly ill)

Spotting (pink discharge) could mean you were ovulating (this can happen when your egg is released) or it could mean your period is coming. There is no way to tell you for sure.

To be honest, before I became pregnant, I had boughts of migraines with nausea and spotting a few days before my period came.

Hang in there.

Jun 5, 2008, 02:55 PM
    Kay well, I went to the docters today and got a pap test for the first time. The docter said there is no clear sign of an infection.. and I had more red spotting on my panties.. and the nausea has not occurred yet today, I've been feeling a lot sleepier and I've had more discharge.. I do have to wait a week for the results of my pap test though, which I'm stressing a lot because if its not an infection, than pregnancy can be an idea..

Jun 5, 2008, 02:57 PM
    Ohh and no I am not starting my period, I just finished a very weird one.. which was the kind of period the research I found indicated to be a pregnancy symptom.
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2008, 03:53 PM
    To correct a previous statement, yellow discharge is not normal. If you can get to a library or bookstore, browse through Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. It can describe the different cyclical cervical fluid that women experience. The "egg white" cervical mucus "can" have a slight yellow tinge to it, but that still uncommon.
    I'm sorry, but if this was alluding to my advice about the presence of yellow colouring in the cervical mucus-then you actually just contradicted yourself by this- as I stated before.. that it may be considered a "normal variant" across women. In the OPs case it is not normal FOR HER. That's fair enough.

Perhaps I should have checked her reply better.
    Cheers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not getting pregnant after the depo and stressing [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I am 21yrs. I got married in July of last year;) and stopped taking the depo in June and my husband and I have been trying since. I was on the depo for about 2years and didn't have my period(I loved that part!) It took 6months for me to get my period and now its been 5months of semi-regular...

4 weeks pregnant confirmed but not feeling pregnant [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant started bleeding yesterday but it stopping now the problem is I'm not feeling any symptoms but then again I'm only 4 weeks are they to start around 10 weeks before my mood was at a high like I've never fely before my appetite has gone over the last few days but that might be...

Should I be stressing? [ 8 Answers ]

:lol: I had sex last week... are long story short I pulld out rite be4 I nutted and we triping!! The nut came out rite away when I pulled out... should I be tripping?? Help Oh and her period sapposed to start yesterday

Dog eating cat's food and stressing the cat [ 14 Answers ]

I have a dog that seems to like to be the only child. She doesn't like other animals and eats their food possibly in displeasure This is causing the kitten that is now about a year old to not want to eat out of any of the bowls that the dog takes outside or to the garage to steal the food out...

Being more sexualy attractive [ 34 Answers ]

Hey again all! This place is addictive :D Anyway I was wondering... I am a pretty attractive guy with lots off friends and I am very social. Although I have a problem... I am the guy that ALL girls love to talk to and hang out with. That is of cource really great... BUT

View more questions Search