Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wolfman2008 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2008, 04:26 PM
    Ac compressor not staying on
    The unit I am working on has everything new like capacitors, contactors, and even a hardstart and only last about 10 minutes. What else can I do besides replacing it?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 9, 2008, 04:59 PM
    Sounds like you spent big $$ on parts for no value. When the unit was running what were the pressures of the system?

May 10, 2008, 06:08 PM
    The low side of the unit was in between 65 and 70 I forgot what the high side was thanks for responding to my question.

May 10, 2008, 07:43 PM
    Need both pressures.
    Check all electrical devices on the unit.

May 10, 2008, 08:25 PM
    I have changed both breakers inside and out still doing the same thing.

May 10, 2008, 08:37 PM
    Make sure the 24 volt control circuit is pulling in the compressor/fan motor contactor for the outside unit.
    gottee Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2008, 09:33 PM
    Dirty condenser, indoor fan not working, low refrigerant, plugged filter or indoor coil, the list goes on, keep on changing parts, you will get it sooner or later.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it worth staying with him [ 2 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for just over a year and up until about 4-5 months ago everything was fine we got along fine he always loved been around me he was really really sweet he was kind of like the perfect man he's 21 and then 1 night sum1 came to his flat and asked us 2 go to a party up his...

Pilot not staying on [ 1 Answers ]

OK. Every time I light the pilot it will saty on for a few minutes and goes off. I talked to a friend and he said it could be the thermocooper or something like that but wasn't sure also. Just wandering if you guys might have an idea or agree with him.

Staying Competitive [ 3 Answers ]

I would appreciate it if someone with a legal mind could help me with the following scenario and the questions that follow. Thank you very much. Two weeks into your new and exciting responsibilities of national sales manager, you are beginning to lose your good feelings. This change of...

Weighing staying [ 8 Answers ]

I know my husband is abusive. I have four daughters, 2-11-15-17. He is 70% good and when he is bad, I hate him. But I weigh the stay or go. It would create more of a problem and upset the whole applecart to leave then to let the problem subside. I have spoken with my girls about situation at...

View more questions Search