Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    traciechip Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2008, 03:18 PM
    How do I find # of moles of NaOH to neutralize 4.00g of Benzoic acid
    How do I go about figuring out how many Moles of NaOH is needed to neutralize 4.00 grams of benzoic acid
    AndMadMan Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2008, 06:16 AM
    You need to know the molecular weight of Benzoic Acid. 122.12 grams per mole.

4 grams of benzoic acid equals 0.03275 moles of benzoic acid. (4.00 / 122.12)

You need 0.0328 moles of sodium hydroxide.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to find Molar Mass of an unknown acid through a titration? [ 3 Answers ]

How do you find the molar mass of an unknown acid if you know the weight of the sample (in grams) and the volume of the solution (250mL)? My base is NaOH. I also know the amount used of each solution (Acid and Base) during the titration (In mL). I am trying to find the molarity of the acid...

Chemical reaction (H2O + CO2 + NaOH --> ?) [ 3 Answers ]

H2O + CO2 + NaOH --> H2CO3 +? I can't seem to figure this out and I still need to balance it. Can someone help me find the product of this reaction? I'm lost! I'm working on a project about the rate of cellular respiration, and I'm already stuck. Any help is appreciated! Thanks so much! :)

NaOH + CO2 ---> NaHCO3.type of reaction? [ 2 Answers ]

I am doing a science project and its about chemical equations... well the thing is is the day we went over "the types of reactions" I wasn't at school and I was wondering if anyone can help me with the idea or ? Is '''what kind of reaction is this equation NaOH + CO2 ---> NaHCO3 ...

Double Displacement Balance equation NaOH and NiCl2 [ 0 Answers ]

Need help in writing a balanced equation for NaOH and NiCl2 mixture with no reaction.

View more questions Search