Ask
    M2009Champagne Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2008, 01:52 PM
    Why did the u.s go to korean war
    Why did the united states go to the korean war in the 50's
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 9, 2008, 05:37 PM
    If you click on each of the links below and study the material on those sites, you will know why.

US Enters the Korean Conflict

Korean War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    tadita83 Posts: 130, Reputation: 16

Jun 3, 2008, 09:26 PM
    The united states went to Korea as result of the cold war and the threat of communism. Korea was told after World War II to choose a type of government for their nation by 1947 (I think this is the correct year) When the deadline rolled around north korea had chosen communism, while south korea had chosen democracy. They each expected the other to abide by that government. Obviously neither agreed. North Korea then tried to take over south korea and reunite them with under a communist government. The U.s. and the UN feared that the domino theory would take effect which stated that if one country falls to communism so will neighboring countries (China was already communist by this point). So the US and UN both send forces to support South Korea and their fight for democracy. North Korea was supported by the Soviet Union (yet they did not send troops) and China (who did send troops)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2008, 03:46 AM
    If the original question was a homework question, (but, then again, maybe it wasn't but, probably was) then it is best if the student can give what they think is the answer so that their answer can receive responses and criticism from others here. That way, the student is more likely to learn because of the self-discovery as to what the correct answers have been because of them coming up with the answers for themselves.

Also, the following link from this site is a good resource concerning how to ask and also be of guidance in answering homework questions here.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/histor...-b-u-font.html
    jywyxwr Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Apr 15, 2009, 10:51 AM

Starlin's intrigue
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Apr 15, 2009, 01:22 PM

Clough speaks the truth. I also caution that Wikipedia is a good but not necessarily perfect resource and the person making inquiries should also search the Internet to see other input and, even better, hit some real books. Primitive, I know, but books' authors can be better verified as being credible, or not. With the Internet some times you don't know how much the authors really know, or what their biases might be.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Korean Christians [ 2 Answers ]

The deadline for the Taliban to release 23 Korean Christians captured in Afganistan is close. They have threatened to kill these people who only wanted to help the Afgans. Please pray for their safety and release. I don't know about you but I find the attitude of the Taliban disgusting.

US Soldier abandoned by South Korean wife [ 1 Answers ]

My son is in the military and a couple of years ago he was stationed in South Korea. He met and fell in love with a South Korean girl and they married at the US Embassy. He returned to the US, only to be sent to Iraq just a couple of months later. He tried several times to bring her to the...

View more questions Search