Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    riggs22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2008, 11:41 AM
    Briggs and staten lawn mower engine
    Briggs and Staten engine has not compression while pull starting.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 9, 2008, 12:31 PM
    Actually, it may have compression. You need to turn the engine backwards to check the compression on some engines. It's normal to not have compression when pull starting, again in some B&S engines.

Try testing the compression by moving the blade in reverse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

12.5 HP Briggs & Stratten Lawn Mower Engine [ 2 Answers ]

Hi- I have a strange problem with this engine. It starts and runs fine most of the time. But, every now and then it starts to smoke, lots of smoke out the muffler. The only way I can get it to stop is turn the engine off. It get into the carburetor through the Positive crankcase ventilator. I...

Briggs 11.5 Mower engine no compression [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, After 3 hours of continuous use, my Airens riding mower w/ Briggs 11.5hp engine (28D707 model) made a banging noise then quit. Someone other than myself had been running it w/o checking oil. The engine was seized/frozen. Following suggestions from other helpful posts :) in this forum:...

12.5 briggs and stratton lawn mower engine [ 1 Answers ]

Does the 12.5 briggs and stratton lawn mower have solid state ignition or does it have points under the flywheel? Thanks.

Briggs & Stratton 10 hp lawn mower engine? [ 1 Answers ]

Just wondering if the flywheel should be in contact with the starter at all times as it appears to be! It has eaten the flywheel gear off! Stupid nylon gear! Is there any after market alloy type replacement? Numbers off engine plate Model 28a707 Type 0113-01 Code 951103za

View more questions Search