Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spsings Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2008, 09:36 AM
    Condo building - water in sinks but NOT in shower?
    Hi All,
    Quick history. Earlier this week the water pump in my condo building was making a horrible noise. A guy came out and we got a new impeller. Seemed to be fine... then today I went to take a shower and not even a drip came out of the bathroom faucet. Now, I have water in my kitchen and my bathroom sinks. Just NOTHING in the bathtub.

I will be calling a plumber, but just curious to see if you know what this is. Thanks!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 9, 2008, 09:59 AM
    My guess is that minerals built up in the pipe walls were disturbed and got sucked up into your tub valve where it's now blocking the inlet ports of the valves cartridge. To tell you how to open up and clean your valve I'll need the brand name and it's age. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sudden loss of water pressure in all faucets (sinks/shower/washing machine) [ 8 Answers ]

Hey, I am hoping someone can help me out. We have a house 30 years old, copper lines, and we are on community water (so similar to city water but just provided by Aqua for the housing development). We had our water pressure drop suddenly this past Thursday (about 4 days ago) and it has not...

Condo building experiencing sewage odor issues after multiple tests [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! Thanks for reading my question. We're a 2-story office condo in Raleigh, NC that has been experiencing intermittent issues with sewage odors. The odor used to occur a time or two per month, but is now occurring much more often (several times per week). The odor can be at a different...

No water to both sinks / very low cold water pressure to bath and washer [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen and bathroom sink have no water, period. Hot water seems to be pretty good to the bath and washer but cold water to those 2 locations are very weak. The outside faucet is very weak at best. I have had this problem for quite some time so it's not the fact that they are frozen. I just...

Lukewarm water in shower and tub, hot in sinks [ 4 Answers ]

OK... this is a weird issue. I have a dedicated recirc line with a pump and a timer that I only run an hour a day or so in the morning, due to energy costs of heating the water. The problem I am having is that when I am not recirculating the water, the master shower and master tub only get...

View more questions Search