Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    falloutguy Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2008, 06:31 AM
    Ex Partner – Contact
    Hi guys. I am after a second opinion before I do something I may live to regret.

I have seen a profile of an ex girlfriend from 15 year ago on face book, through the profile of one of her friends who I get on well with. Her friend added my two days ago.

The girl and I broke up on very bad terms. I was a young lad, very much in love with her, wanted to marry her, but due to being young and naïve I let the emotional high of her being into me, blind my judgement to the relationship and I was not the most sensitive of guys. Young, inexperienced, lacking thought fullness and consideration to others feelings. Anyway, she ended the relationship, when I had to work away, due to money pressures and found someone else.

I was devastated and angry that she did this, knowing that I had no choice but to go away. It was like she deserted me when I needed her the most.

Regrettably I returned one weekend to see her and try and solve things and she had the lad there, I lost the plot in a jealous rage. I lost control over my emotions.

We have not spoken since, although she took her new lad to where I drank at the time, presumably to get at me, but that is speculation.

My Dilemma is that even after all of this time I still want to know why she did what she did? Was it because of me working away or because she felt I mistreated her?
    I guess I want to put this angry and love turned to hate behind me.

(I feel her actions to be an injustice and that they were wrong and cost us a future!)

But (There is always a but) I have doubts about adding her as a friend, for a few reasons. I don’t know if I can be friends with her!
    I don’t really want her knowing about my life.

But I think more importantly it should be her to make the first move! However taking into account that she ended things and has never tried to correct things then this is unlikely. (I am hurt that I had a lot more feeling for her then she for me!)

Also she may not want me to add her as a friend!

As you can see, I am a little confused as to the best way to proceed. I am hoping that you guys can provide a little insight and wisdom that I am sure I am failing to see at present.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 10, 2008, 02:52 PM
    I have seen a profile of an ex girlfriend from 15 year ago on face book,
    If you haven't gotten over her years ago, you have a problem. Look dude, leave the past in the past, and move on, and leave her alone. You can't turn back the clock on yesteryear. I think seeing her on Facebook or whatever has all those feelings flooding back to you. Doesn't mean you act on them.
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

May 10, 2008, 05:14 PM
    15 years, long time to hold a ""grudge"" as such. Seems like your holding up some old pent up feelings. Best to leave it in the past until you can move on from them. As tali said!

May 14, 2008, 12:45 AM
    I appreciate your advice. You are right not to contact someone to re hash a past. But I know a lot of her friends and though I would sent a friend request.

The girl waited a week and declined it.

Not sure what to make of that, except that she has no interest in being friendly.. .

May 14, 2008, 02:23 AM
    Another question - is it possible for ex partners to be friends ! Or does this never happen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can't get off with new partner [ 6 Answers ]

I am 30 - have had an orgasm before. Can achieve an orgasm with masturbation (unfortunately I can never bring myself to do that enough). Anyhow, I am with a new partner whom I love deeply. I can't stop pleasing him... but he can't seem to please me. I want to have an orgasm, but every time he...

Ex partner [ 4 Answers ]

My ex partner has left twice now for someone else I had a tarot reading which said he was coming back just like to know are these readings ever wrong

Partner cheating [ 3 Answers ]

Just found out something that has been happening in my life for a while and I was unaware. My partner of11 yrs, we have 2 kids, left us on nw yrs eve, going into 06, he had said a few mnths before that he wasn't happy and wasny sure that he wnted to be here anymore, I had a feeling that he was...

Can my partner adopt [ 11 Answers ]

.. this is the situation: me,my partner and our donor are planning on having a baby and We are going to get a paper noterized,stateing that he is ONLY in this for the purpose to help with the sperm,and that no one will come back later in the future for money and or he will not change up and want...

View more questions Search