Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    achampio21 Posts: 220, Reputation: 15

May 9, 2008, 06:12 AM
    Stimulus Check
    Okay, has anyone received their stimulus check? I was supposed to get mine today. My fiance's social security number is after mine and he has already gotten his. I called the IRS.. that was a waste of time. And the automated system that has been set up to answer the 500 million calls told me " we are sorry but we cannot give you any details regarding your stimulus payment at this time. Thank you." and hung up on me. So I was curious if anyone knows anything I don't know and could help me figure out why I haven't gotten my "free" money from Bush.
    hauser5 Posts: 699, Reputation: 92

May 9, 2008, 06:37 AM
    Well, the last two digits of my social are 51, and the IRS payment calculator told me that I would receive mine today. I just woke up, and there it was in my account! I had my tax refund direct deposited, so that's why I got mine today. I filed my return on February 6th.

Checks will be mailed to those who had a check mailed for their tax refund. They are supposed to be mailed out starting May 9th-May 16th, but I know some have received them already. This has to do with how early they filed their return. That could be the issue with yours. Here is the link to the payment page and the calculator. You have to have your tax return to use the calculator though.

Stimulus Payment Schedule for Tax Returns Processed by April 15

Calculator: (read info and click Begin button to start)
    Economic Stimulus Payment Calculator - Welcome to the Economic Stimulus Payment Calculator

May 9, 2008, 06:50 AM
    Thank you hauser5.

FYI - I should have mine direct deposited today also. My last two are 31 and I filed in January. So either something is wrong or my bank hasn't received the posts yet you think?

May 9, 2008, 07:08 AM
    Well, I don't know exactly what time mine was deposted, but it did say that they would be deposited no later than today, so that could mean anytime before midnight tonight. I know that mine didn't come through immediately after midnight this morning because I checked before I went to bed around 1 am.

May 9, 2008, 07:12 AM
    Okay, well I finally got through to a REAL person at the IRS. And when I e-filed my taxes in January I used TaxAct. Well when they sent in my taxes they used their account for the deposit of my money and then forwarded it to me. SO... that is considered a third party account and the IRS will not deposit checks into third party accounts. So my stimulus rebate will be MAILED to me no later than June 6th. And if anyone used HR Block or any other company to file their taxes chances are they will have their stimulus payments mailed also. Thank you hauser5 for taking the time to read and respond!

May 9, 2008, 07:23 AM
    I used H&R Block. I used TaxSimple.com last year, but I wasn't eligible this year for their free service, and H&R got me all kinds of deductions!
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

May 9, 2008, 07:32 AM
    I got my G Dub Apology money last week. Direct Deposit YEAH!! HOw many people actually went out and "stimulated" the Economy I know I didn't that went right into my ING account.
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

May 9, 2008, 08:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by achampio21
    Okay, well I finally got through to a REAL person at the IRS. And when I e-filed my taxes in January I used TaxAct. Well when they sent in my taxes they used their account for the deposit of my money and then forwarded it to me. SO..... that is considered a third party account and the IRS will not deposit checks into third party accounts. So my stimulus rebate will be MAILED to me no later than June 6th. And if anyone used HR Block or any other company to file their taxes chances are they will have their stimulus payments mailed also. Thank you hauser5 for taking the time to read and respond!!

So, If you have your taxes electronically filed, but it was through a company like H&R Block or Jackson & Hewitt, AND they have to mail it due to the whole "third Party" talk you have mentioned here, do you, or anyone else for that matter-know if since the check will be mailed, does that change the date in which you will receive it now? Even though it was still technically electronically filed?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 9, 2008, 06:29 PM
    Yes, it will change the date. It does not matter if you electronically filed your return. It matters HOW you received your return. Was it deposited directly into your checking or savings account? If it was, then you should be on the fast track to get your refund directly deposited into your account (the same account you received your 2007 refund in) - if not, then it's going to be slow boat to China in the mail paper check.

May 12, 2008, 06:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter
    Yes, it will change the date. It does not matter if you electronically filed your return. It matters HOW you received your return. Was it deposited directly into your checking or savings account? If it was, then you should be on the fast track to get your refund directly deposited into your account (the same account you recieved your 2007 refund in) - if not, then it's going to be slow boat to China in the mail paper check.
    :)
    The money was deposited directly into a checking account. It was received about 2 weeks after I filed. However, as mentioned on a previous post, it went through a third party (according to the place that prepared my taxes). So that means even though I filed electronically, I'm still going to receive a paper check. I was wondering if that changes the date in which I would receive the paper check, even though I technically filed electronically.

Thanks,

TJ

May 12, 2008, 06:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Depressed in MO
    :)
    The money was deposited directly into a checking account. It was received about 2 weeks after I filed. However, as mentioned on a previous post, it went through a third party (according to the place that prepared my taxes). So that means even though I filed electronically, I'm still going to receive a paper check. I was wondering if that changes the date in which I would receive the paper check, even though I technically filed electronically.

Thanks,

TJ

The answer is yes TJ. It will change the date. At least it did for me. The last two of my SS is 31. If I was going to receive my check by the direct deposit time I should have gotten by May 9th. But because it is being mailed the IRS guy said it will be mailed no later than June 6th. So since it is being mailed you would go by the date for mailed checks at the Internal Revenue Service website.

I was pretty upset too. But now I know. And it's not like this stimulus thing will be happening next year so it won't change how I do my taxes!! Good luck all!

May 12, 2008, 06:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by achampio21
    The answer is yes TJ. It will change the date. At least it did for me. The last two of my SS is 31. If I was going to receive my check by the direct deposit time I should have gotten by May 9th. But because it is being mailed the IRS guy said it will be mailed no later than June 6th. So since it is being mailed you would go by the date for mailed checks at the Internal Revenue Service website.

I was pretty upset too. But now I know. And it's not like this stimulus thing will be happening next year so it won't change how I do my taxes!!! Good luck all!!
    Thanks! Appreciate the info!
    nikie713 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2008, 09:03 AM
    :( I just found out that if you had your refund direct deposit BUT... had the filing fee ( Turbo Tax) taken out of your refund... this causes your stimulus check to be mailed to you instead of direct deposit.

May 15, 2008, 09:07 AM
    Wow, isn't it funny how the pres gets everyone all excited about "free" money and then slowly everyone starts to figure out that they aren't getting as much back as they previously thought and that if you filed a certain way with a certain company that you won't be getting yours as early as you previously thought and right about the time that the pres says he's giving "free" money to everyone, the tax raises one more cent, stamps go up one more cent and gas goes up 13-15 cents... funny how that works.
    ladybaby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2008, 08:00 PM
    When I filed my income tax return I went to H and R block for that but to get this extra check was I suppse to go back there or some where else and do more paper work or will they just send it to me in the mail I paid in Taxes this year and got a little back as well so will I get this check as well or did I have to file again to get this check

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How come I didn't receive my direct deposit - Stimulus Check? [ 32 Answers ]

Hi, I wonder if I'm the only one, but I was in the first group of those that should have received their stimulus check first (last 2 digits of SS# is 07). In 2007 I owed Federal taxes and paid via EFT. Does that have something to do with me not receiving my stimulus payment through direct...

Tax stimulus [ 2 Answers ]

I have the emerald card from H&R BLOCK will my refund go on there? From the stimulus refund

Stimulus Check - Dual Status Return? [ 1 Answers ]

Per Government policy, the stimulus rebate check is only for residents. How about if you filed a dual status return? I was a resident for the last 7 months last year and filed the 1040 resident form along with the dual status statement. Am I be eligible to receive the stimulus rebate check?

Stimulus Tax Rebate Check [ 4 Answers ]

We have two adult children, 19 and 21, both in college and both earned over $3000 last year. We as their parents file jointly and claim them as our dependents. My question is this: Will our children get a rebate check of $600 a piece or will we get one for each of them under the $300 dependent...

Stimulus rebate check [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between filing a 1040 tax form and a 1040a form?

View more questions Search