Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speclkel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 06:43 PM
    I don't know where else to go. SLY LANDLORD CUTTING CORNERS and then some
    Hello, I've been searching everywhere and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. I'm hoping someone can help answer this question or point me in the right direction.

I live on the second floor of an "apartment". (This structure was formerly a corner candy store attached to row homes in Philadelphia, PA and has been sectioned off and is now used as three apartments.)

My concern is the noise level because the entire 2nd floor is without carpeting. I previously lived on the 1st floor here and was constantly being disturbed; people walking around with hard soled shoes, items being dropped, etc.

Is there an apartment building code in Philadelphia, PA which stipulates that upper stories of buildings zoned as apartments require carpeting?

Any responses are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

May 8, 2008, 06:48 PM
    If there is such an ordinance you can find out by contacting either the City's Dept. of Health or the Building Dept.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 8, 2008, 08:50 PM
    No there is not, which is why everyone tells people the upstairs apartments are normally more quiet
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

May 9, 2008, 05:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    no there is not, which is why everyone tells people the upstairs apartments are normally more quiet
    Some towns and cities DO have such an ordinance. In the town where I live any apartment above the first floor must have 75% carpet coverage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can HardiPlank be Beveled at Corners? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello all. I'm thinking of using concrete-board HardiPlank for siding. My house is a 100-year-old bungalow, with original cedar siding still in place, and at all the outside corners, the cedar siding is joined at a compound bevel. It's a really nice look that you don't see often nowadays, I...

Darkened corners! [ 4 Answers ]

photo! in the photo^ the corners have been shaded using a computer program. Is there a program that you know of that does this? Preferably one that's a free download. Or what the best free program that you can download is?

Wood fence corners not square [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have another fence question. We are are building a wood privacy fence. The side fence will not be exactly perpendicular to the front fence. So the angle at the corner will be greater than 90 degrees. (Probably about 100 degrees). Would it be better to 1: just make each section on the...

Sheet rock outside corners [ 2 Answers ]

Any preferences between metal and plastic beads for outside corners? Thoughts on pros and cons of each? Anyone prefer just tape? Thanks in advance. - Dennis

Word XP - Margin Symbols In Corners [ 1 Answers ]

Whenever I open up Word XP, start a new document, and use Print Layout, I see these annoying "L" shaped blue markings in Each of the corners. I think they are supposed to indicate Margins or something, but they are distracting. How do I get Rid of those markings?

View more questions Search