Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vachola Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 05:54 PM
    Sister's son
    Hi,
    My sister's husband passed away and she is left with 3 kids. She is jobless and cannot take care of all the kids, can anyone here help me get someone to adopt one of my sister's son?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 8, 2008, 06:04 PM
    I doubt anyone here can help you find someone to adopt one of your sisters sons.

How is she going to choose which one to give up? This question really disturbs me. Why don't you take one or more of the kids in until she can get back on her feet?

May 8, 2008, 06:30 PM
    I have more responsibilities myself that is why I cannot adopt her kids. Remember we are orphan and I am the only one who strive to help my remaining siblings. Thanks for your answer though.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 8, 2008, 09:53 PM
    How about contacting a social agency to help her get back on her feet?

Adoption is FOREVER. You don't get your kid back. Period.

Maybe she could have someone help with foster care? Or get some help from friends?

If SHE is considering choosing adoption for one of her kids, she's better off contacting an adoption agency.

May 9, 2008, 06:48 AM
    But does anyone here know of people who can help her e.g with the kids clothes, small fees and maybe some little cash to survive on with the kids, I try my best to help her at times but it is also too much beyond me.
    Pets Expert

May 9, 2008, 06:51 AM
    Depending on were you live there should be government assistance programs, goodwill, food stamps etc. I don't know how to go about getting those in place, but if you're in the US it shouldn't be to hard to do. Hopefully someone who knows more about the "system" will come along.

Good Luck.

May 9, 2008, 06:55 AM
    But we are in Kenya and getting these kind of help form the government is pretty hard but we will keep on trying and see what we can do.
    Pets Expert

May 9, 2008, 06:59 AM
    You said it was hard to get help from the government, not impossible, all you can do is try and hope for the best. I wish you and your sister luck, I'm so sorry that she has to go through this.

Take care.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 9, 2008, 07:25 AM
    Talk to your church, or to a Christian Missionary program. A lot of times they have resources they don't make generally known to the public.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sister's husband's brother [ 4 Answers ]

My sister is getting married to my friend's brother. I was curious if me and my good friend will have a relationship title. So what is my sister's husband's brother to me?

My sister's tortured mind [ 107 Answers ]

My sister is now in her thirties. She has suffered from depression, anxiety, and other issues since she was in high school. She is extremely intelligent, artistic and book smart but has difficulty dealing with day to day issues. She has never been diagnosed and doesn't stick with traditional...

Adopt a friend's sister's kid - paternity [ 2 Answers ]

We are pursuing adopting the unwanted child of a friend's sister. A question (among many!): No father on the birth certificate. Father that she says is the father is married with 2 kids and wants NOTHING to do with the child. Another guy, who she originally told was the father and now she says is...

Do I have the Right, and How long will it take to adopt my sister's 3 children [ 3 Answers ]

My sister passed away in May of this year and I was wondering how long it would take to adopt them, or even if I had the right to adopt them. 2 were results of rape, while the oldest's father isn't in the picture, and by all appearances doesn't want to be either.

My little sister's friend has a HOT big bro [ 4 Answers ]

So a normal day it is, then I knowtest that my little sis invited a friend. When her friend rang the bell I went to go get it . Next thing you know me and her hot big bro were saying hi and making eye contact:) . I was so stupid cause I opened the door said hi and didn't even invite him in. but...

View more questions Search