Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goodwork Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 01:04 PM
    Mobile home freezing up
    What would make my mobile home unit freez up. I had the outside unit replaced
    With a 13 seer 5 ton .the duct work was uped from 12 to 14 feeding the other side of double wide mobile home. It was raining and about 65degrees and it froze up what could be wrong
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 8, 2008, 01:07 PM
    My outside unit would freeze up when it got humid out during the night. It was a relay that went bad in the unit. I would have to "defrost" the outside coils by turning off the unit and waiting for it to thaw out. Every time the thing would freeze up the relay switch was always the culprit.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 8, 2008, 04:38 PM
    Dirty air filter

Incorrect refrigerant charge

Lack of proper duct size.

A 5 ton unit needs to move a lot of air.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2008, 05:41 PM
    I agree with hvac1000. A dirty evaporator coil or filter is the most common. If you can't move the air due to a restriction in supply duct or return air it will freeze up every time. 5 tons is a lot of air for a mobile home system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile home. [ 4 Answers ]

If someone owns a mobile home without owning the land,can a lien be put on it? By a lawyer. Thank you for your help!

Mobile home a/c [ 2 Answers ]

Changed a 4 ton to a 5 ton unit in a mobile home uped duct size 12 to a 14 feeding other side of moblie home . It is freezing up what could be going wrong

Foreclosure on mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

Please help me to stop the foreclosure on my mobile home. Thank you!:confused:

Garden Tub Faucet - Home of Legend mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My sister has a leaky garden tub faucet. We can't determine how to access under the faucet. There is no access door. A closet is behind the faucet. When we remove the wallboard, we find the distance from the opening to the faucet too far away to access. Can you help? Thanks, Mary

View more questions Search