Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Satira Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Feb 22, 2006, 10:31 AM
    How Do I Break Into Marketing?
    I have an associates degree in business management.

I was a full time mother for many years working sporadically when I wanted; since then the businesses I have worked for have gone out of business, or the managers have moved on leaving me with no references.

For the past year and a half I've been working for a service company. I started here as a receptionist employed by a temp agency. I've had 3 promotions in that time so I know I'm a good employee. I now work in the accounting department as an accounts payable/receivable manager.

To be blunt, I'm miserable. The salary is significantly below my needs just to pay for room and board. I don't like accounting. I know that my talents and interests lie in marketing and marketing research. However, all the job ads I've looked into for "marketing" turn out to be sales--and 99% of them aren't with legitimate companies.

How do I break into marketing/ marketing research? Is there a way to convey my business degree and experience in accounting to a potential employer that would convince them to take a chance on an excellent employee?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2006, 03:57 PM
    Here is a website to check out for employment:

http://www.monster.ca/ - if in Canada

http://www.monster.com/ - if in USA
    hfoste01 Posts: 12, Reputation: 4

Sep 15, 2007, 09:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Satira
    I have an associates degree in business management.

I was a full time mother for many years working sporadically when I wanted; since then the businesses I have worked for have gone out of business, or the managers have moved on leaving me with no references.

For the past year and a half I've been working for a service company. I started out here as a receptionist employed by a temp agency. I've had 3 promotions in that time so I know I'm a good employee. I now work in the accounting department as an accounts payable/receivable manager.

To be blunt, I'm miserable. The salary is significantly below my needs just to pay for room and board. I don't like accounting. I know that my talents and interests lie in marketing and marketing research. However, all the job ads I've looked into for "marketing" turn out to be sales--and 99% of them aren't with legitimate companies.

How do I break into marketing/ marketing research? Is there a way to convey my business degree and experience in accounting to a potential employer that would convince them to take a chance on an excellent employee?
    If you find a company for this type of job, please let me know. I am trying to find out how I can get my marketing research done for my business plan. I would like to do these things for myself. If you know how please let me know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Online marketing [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, Can anyone suggest the best way I can market my websites? I have been posting my website everyday on a free ads site and earn about $250 per month just from that site(has heavy traffic). I have come across some software that says "message board blaster", "classified ad blaster" and some...

Question on Marketing [ 1 Answers ]

Indetify and discuss the ethical and social reponsibility issues that face mordern marketing May you help me with this Question on Marketing

Marketing [ 1 Answers ]

What are the 4 p's of marketing?

View more questions Search