Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KrayzieChick Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2006, 09:48 AM
    Confused
    I am 20 years old and I have only been with 1 guy. I am not in love with him anymore and need to move on. The crazy part is that I kissed one of his friends and I felt something. I have been friends with this guy for over 3 years and I always had a little crush on him. How do I tell him I like him and that I felt something with out becoming vulnerable with my feelings. We have not talked about the kiss/ make out at all. I am so shy I don't know what to do!! Help me
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2006, 10:01 AM
    Honesty is always best, have a talk with him, he may feel the same way, remember honesty will always help in any matter.

Feb 22, 2006, 10:06 AM
    But I'm so shy I don't know how to tell him with out making a fool of myself and stuttering my words and such
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2006, 10:08 AM
    Is this someone you hangout with? Try just going out to a movie or dinner and see what developes.

Feb 22, 2006, 10:13 AM
    He's my brothers roommate and my ex-boyfriends friend. When we kissed we were both drunk but I knew what was going on and I could sense the awkwardness the next weekend. I think it would be weird for me to ask him out on a date if it was just a "drunken" kiss how can I figure it out with out putting my whole heart out there
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2006, 10:18 AM
    Tough spot here, I don't know what to tell you, if you still hangout, just see what develops. BUt if this is someone you want to get to know be honest.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 22, 2006, 10:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayzieChick
    But i'm so shy i don't know how to tell him with out making a fool of myself and stuttering my words and such
    Dear, apparently you were not too shy to kiss him, so take it step by step, and if he calls go out with him and just be yourself. You said you've been friends for years, so he probably knows that you are not prone to rush into things and will understand you already. So, if he does ask you out, go for it. If he takes too long to ask you, then ask him to join you at a movie or a pizza - the only thing that can happen is a 'no' for an answer and/or a response for a 'raincheck'. Nobody has died from the 'no' answers yet, and he will probably be the best person for you to be yourself around. As has been mentioned before, honesty is the best policy. That way nobody needs to play games and can enjoy each other's company without the added stress.

Good luck, and please keep us posted on your progress.
    Life is too short to keep on wondering what could have been if you don't take that chance.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2006, 10:54 AM
    Hey Chery - see drinking was involved so she was a lot more open.

KrayzieChick - Do you have his direct e-mail? Get it from your brother if you don't.

Send him and just say - hey what's up, remind him of something funny that happened that night or that you had a good time that night. Don't share your feelings. E-mail is great because the person doesn't have to answer right away, you can get a feeling on he feels - especially if he responds.

I wouldn't share my feelings with him right away. In my book it's a bad idea. You share how you feel too soon and you could spoil things as they develop.
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2006, 10:58 AM
    Plus the e-mail shows interest.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Feb 22, 2006, 11:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat21
    Hey Chery - see drinking was involved so she was a lot more open.

KrayzieChick - Do you have his direct e-mail? Get it from your brother if you don't.

Send him and just say - hey what's up, remind him of something funny that happened that night or that you had a good time that night. Don't share your feelings. E-mail is great because the person doesn't have to answer right away, you can get a feeling on he feels - especially if he responds.

I wouldn't share my feelings with him right away. I my book it's a bad idea. You share how you feel too soon and you could spoil things as they develop.
    Got to agree with you Wildcat, emailing and maybe calling casually will help her in finding out if he's as interested as she is. There is no need to feel ashamed for that drunken kiss, as many get there that way the first time.

Good luck, I hope he answers those emails and calls back. Will cross my fingers big-time!
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2006, 11:25 AM
    Met several great ladies after a drunken kiss.

The key is not to rush things. Maybe he is a little shy?

Don't be surprised if he doesn't answer though. There is major guy code not to date ex's of friends - just a warning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Confused about girlfriend... need help [ 9 Answers ]

I had been dating my girlfriend for about 3 and half years. My girlfriend is extremely attractive and I started to notice how much attention she was receiving whenever we went out to the bars or even the mall. I became very insecure and jeoulous.. I started constantly asking her "Who was she...

Help! Confused! [ 8 Answers ]

My friend had set me up on this blind date with this nice guy. Since that date, we have been on two more dates. Although there were awkard moments because we are just getting to know one another, I see possibilities between the two of us and was looking forward for his next call asking me out. My...

Confused? [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been dating for little over a month now and everything has been wonderful up to yesturday. I got an email in the morning from her and she was her usuall playful self and very cheerful. As the day wore on she emailed me and explained to me that she is feeling overwhelmed and...

Confused [ 4 Answers ]

I posted "feels promotion was robbed" last week, and I finally had the "discussion" to why I did not get selected for the Job. It still has me a little bewildered and distraught. I found out from the person who red flagged it and their reason why. What it basically came down to is she feels I need...

Confused [ 2 Answers ]

Where is my relationship with David leading to? Is there a relationship in the near future for me? What will happen with my career?

View more questions Search