Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wolfgangqpublic Posts: 189, Reputation: 29
    -

May 8, 2008, 10:52 AM
    Married an american, left usa before interview, now cant reach my wife
    I am married to an american citizen, I was on tourist visa to usa (2 years multi entry visa)
    At the airport they gave me 6 months to stay (untill may 18 , 2007)
    , in my fifth month I married an american girl I met and we were so happy together, I applied for adjustment of status in July 2007 and I waited for my work permit.. in October 2007 I still didn't receive my work permit.. I had to go back to my home country for something very urgent, I didn't check myself out at the airport and I couldn't even talk to my wife and tell her... so I left and went back to my country... now my wife s number has changed and I can not get a hold of her... and I am totally confused .I really don't know what should I do

I know its weird.. but my wife doesn't have email and doesn't even have a computer...

Any one can help me.. a legal advise?

Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 8, 2008, 10:56 AM
    Let me see, you had to leave the county, you did not leave your wife a letter, you did not call her from the airport, and you did not call her when you got there, now two years latter you are surprised you can not contact her ?

So what do you want to do, get a divorce ? Or what
    wolfgangqpublic Posts: 189, Reputation: 29
    -

May 8, 2008, 11:12 AM
    I have been trying to contact her since I left but I couldn't, I had to go back to my country at that time she didn't even had a cellphone and she was staying by her sick mom in her villlage , I left her a letter but I doubt she read it.. I want to go back to USA to reach her.. thats what I want.. not a divorce because we love each other and we will never do that
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 8, 2008, 12:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgangqpublic
    I have been trying to contact her since I left but I couldnt, I had to go back to my country at that time she didnt even had a cellphone and she was staying by her sick mom in her villlage , I left her a letter but I doubt she read it ..I wanna go back to USA to reach her ..thats what I want ..not a divorce coz we love each other and we will never do that

You leave for something so urgent that you don't have time to tell your wife; you write her a letter which you for whatever reason don't think she read; she is living in some village (?) somewhere in the US, with her mother; apparently she doesn't have a cell phone and her mother doesn't have a landline phone and hasn't for the past 2 years; you haven't written in 2 years; you love each other and you will never get a divorce -

And you wonder why you can't find her.

I suspect she doesn't want you to find her. You may already be divorced or "annulled"... by publication.

What has gone wrong in your homeland that now you are interested in coming back to her?

I know I wouldn't be waiting at my front door with a rose in my teeth!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 8, 2008, 12:28 PM
    Jack - apparently you are and have been back in the US and haven't hired anyone to locate your wife?

"Hello, I live and work in NY for a company based out in California (they have an office in NYC). They reported my taxes to the California state (on my W-2). I understand I have to file my taxes for the NY state but would I need to do it also for California as a non-resident? Thank you for your answer."

You've been back since before June 2007 (according to you)!
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

May 8, 2008, 12:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgangqpublic
    I have been trying to contact her since I left but I couldnt, I had to go back to my country at that time she didnt even had a cellphone and she was staying by her sick mom in her villlage , I left her a letter but I doubt she read it ..I wanna go back to USA to reach her ..thats what I want ..not a divorce coz we love each other and we will never do that

You made a big mistake when left US without approved advance parole and not even told your own wife!!
    If she can't be reached by mail, email, or phone, I'd rather jump to a conclusion that she does not want you back.
    Since it's such a short term, your marriage may already be annulled by publication.

Check public records... if your marriage is already annulled, you can contact the county office to obtain a copy for yourself.

By the way, I wonder which part of US we are talking about here...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wife left me and took kids. [ 32 Answers ]

I'm in the military first of all so everything I do is scrutinized and monitered by the military. My wife left me and took my two kids. She won't talk to me about what she thinks or what she feels. Every time we talk I get anger and frustration. We have had a very hard marriage. We have been...

Wife left took every thing left child what to do [ 7 Answers ]

Well me and my wife have been married 2 years and she took off left the kid and the kid is upset that her mom left her again she did it ounce and lost bouth children before we were married so I got the daughter back for her and now she abandened the child again the child is 16 turning 17 in 10...

Separately / Jointly? Wife American ~ Husband French [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I am a US Citizen living in the US full time. My husband is French, living in Europe full time. We were married in France in February 2006. My husband is applying for a green card but meanwhile he cannot enter the US for more than 3 months ~ due to immigration rules. Therefore we have not...

I married an American. [ 3 Answers ]

I dated my husband for 3 and 1/2 years before marrying him. We have a 2 year old son, and have been married since December 2006. I was born in belgium, immigrated here when I was 3 in 1988. I have lived here ever since, graduated form high school, broken no laws, and speak near perfect english. ...

American Married to Asian can I claim my wife? [ 1 Answers ]

I am an American married to a Filipino... We were married May 27, 2006 in the Philippines... She is still in PHi awaiting spousal visa and has never been to USA... All of my income was produced in USA... Can I claim her as a dependent? Thank you for your input

View more questions Search