Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mkg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 08:50 AM
    Honda Accord 98 wont't start
    I have a Honda Accord 98 . I tried to start the car and it would not start ,the radio works but the door would not open with the hand held opener . I opened the door manually and tried to start the car .I heard click noises and all the lights would come on and then die out .The blinkers don't work either. When I put the key in the ignition and turn it slowly it still makes this clicking noise all the door lights would come on brake lamp also and then it would all die out please help I am not sure what the problem is > I drove it fine last night and this morning I am stuck at home and I don't know what to do
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 8, 2008, 09:15 AM
    Sounds like your battery is dead. I would install a new one.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 8, 2008, 09:16 AM
    Your battery is going dead. You might have an electrical drain somewhere in the system also for it to drain out the battery like that. You could get a battery jump and drive it to a mechanic to check out. You could get another battery and see if that is the problem. If you don't have enough cranking power to turn the engine over the lights will come on for a little bit. Also, how old is the battery? How many months' life was it guaranteed for? A battery's life is only as good as the life is posted. If you buy a 3 year battery don't expect it to work for 4 years.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2008, 09:20 AM
    Everyone is right on target, you could have an alternator gone bad, and or a bad battery.

If you get it jump started, and it continues to die, that will indicate your alternator is not working and the battery is providing the spark to keep the engine running. The battery can't do that for very long!

I would do as suggested above, try to jump start it and get to an auto parts store or repair shop and have them check the electrical system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

96 Honda Accord ***won't Start**** [ 4 Answers ]

A week ago my car started to act up and not start on the first attempt, I had the starter changed and did a regular oil change on the car since it was due anyway. I continued to have the problem I then had the spark plugs changed and timing/idle adjusted, checked all the fuses still the same...

92 honda accord still no start [ 1 Answers ]

Here is the deal , 92 honda put new coil, no start, new main relay , no start all fuses are good good fuel pressure just no spark car has 175,000 miles on it . The question I have is could it be my distributor because that's all that's left to chage?? By the way there is no crankshaft position...

95 honda accord doesn't start [ 6 Answers ]

I've read the postings on problems that various honda owners are having with their cars not wanting to start or stay running, also the parts about the main relay. My son hasn't been able to use his car all summer due to a similar problem, he has a 95 honda accord 4 cylinder, he drove it for 2...

99 Honda Accord Won't Start [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've been having trouble with my 1999 Honda Accord not starting for a while now. After it happened the first time, I brought it to a mechanic and they could not duplicate the problem so they sent me home saying that it was fine. Since then it's happened several times. It cranks like it's...

96 Honda Accord won't start [ 15 Answers ]

Well, my wife parked her 96 Accord wagon with VTEC engine in the garage and apparently left the headlamps on. Battery appears to be dead. Used the shift release lever to get it out of park, since there is no room in the garage to do anything, and towed/pulled it out of the garage using our other...

View more questions Search