Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigmike32 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 05:18 AM
    What can I claim on my moving expenses?
    I've read a couple of the answers to this question already and I've kind of figured out that I can claim my moving expenses on my taxes. I just want to make sure what I can claim. I am currently overseas working for an American company and I recently accepted a position back in the U.S. The current company I work for does not want to pay for my move back to the U.S. This move is only to work for another company in the U.S so I meet that requirement and I intend to work for this other company longer than 39 weeks. What exactly can I claim?
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

May 8, 2008, 05:40 AM
    Air fair for you and family and other traveling expenses. Expenses to move your personal goods.

Read this: Your U.S. Tax Return: Moving Expenses

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moving expenses - Outside US [ 5 Answers ]

Query is in blue color below. The rest explains the scenario. April 02, 2006 - Moved from India to Baton Rouge, Louisiana -US ( L1 visa ) with the assignment expected to last for less than 1 year. Before leaving India, stored my belongings in a storage. I claimed unreimbursed employee expenses...

Moving expenses [ 1 Answers ]

Sir, I moved recently from outside USA by plane to start a new job. I also had some house good stored at one of my friends in a different state (for which I rented a car to bring back). I know I meet the time, place and other tests for applying for moving expenses. My question is can I claim the...

Moving Expenses [ 3 Answers ]

My husband's new company paid for us to move but we still had to stay at a hotel and drive to the new location in two vehicles. Can we get reimbursed on the hotel stay, meals and mileage for the two vehicles? Thanks

Moving Expenses [ 1 Answers ]

I came to US on L1 (Intra Company Transfer) on 2nd April 2006. I am in US since then. My company paid partial expenses for moving from India to US. Can I claim the rest of the amount as moving expenses ?

Moving expenses [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was a resident of the US for the entire year 2006 and moved out of the US on 16th Jan 2007. Can I claim moving expenses for the jan 07 move in the 2006 tax return? Thanks!

View more questions Search