Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jkelly Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 05:16 AM
    Fellow employee coughing
    A fellow employee has had this cough for months. It is a deep gross cough that is bothering everyone in our department. She was talked to by her supervisor but it is getting worse. It is so bad that people do not want to come to work and you can forget eating at your desk it is gross. I do not know how long it will be until someone confronts her and it will not be pretty!
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 8, 2008, 05:51 AM
    Is she doing it on purpose, or is it something that she can't control?
    jkelly Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 06:00 AM
    It has been over 6 months since she has had this cough. It can not be a purpose cough because it is so deep. She said she has been to a doctor but she is still coughing. If I had a cough like that you better believe I would be to every doctor there is until it was gone.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 8, 2008, 06:03 AM
    I don't understand your original question. What is the question that you are trying to ask?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 8, 2008, 06:06 AM
    I wonder if she is on high blood pressure medication. There is a medication called an ACE Inhibitor that has a side effect of a persistent deep cough. It's known as an ACE cough.

This may be the culprit.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 8, 2008, 10:50 AM
    She would most likely be protected since this is a medical problem. So maybe a change of the way the desks are set up, but the work place can not do anything to an employee ( fire them) for a medical issue.

But yes, I have to change my blood pressure medication about ever year or I start with the cough. But there are 100's of other medical issues that cause this. If they are trying to get it treated, the other workers will have to figure a way to deal with this.
    schwinn160 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

May 28, 2008, 09:47 AM
    As long as it's not hazardous to anyone else, it really won't be an issue (even if the annoyance-level is through the roof;)).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Working as a w-2 employee and a 1099 employee at the same time [ 2 Answers ]

Can you work for the same employer at the same time as a w-2 employee and a 1099 employee at the same time. Example selling insurance at an agency getting paid on w-2 for the clerical work and 1099 as for the commission on sales of the insurance from the same desk?

Questions for fellow Starseeds [ 29 Answers ]

Never mind. :P

View more questions Search