Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jerry4p Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2008, 08:51 PM
    Driving record
    Can I seal my driving record from insurance company"s and employers in the state of Illinois
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 8, 2008, 06:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry4p
    Can i seal my driving record from insurance company"s and employers in the state of illinois

In a word - no. Not exactly sure what you are trying to "hide" but "usually," no. particularly if arrests are involved.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 8, 2008, 06:47 AM
    You can't seal your driving record from an insurance company or an employer. It's not like a criminal case that can be sealed by the court. Your insurance company regularly pulls information about a driver's license status. It's just a matter of time until they are notified if you don't notify them and your insurance rates go up. It also depends on what kind of an employer you have also. If you are a professional driver with a CDL and you received tickets while driving your personal car, then your company will be able to find out also as their insurance company will do regular license checks as well. Hard to hide from insurance companies. Sorry.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 8, 2008, 10:42 AM
    No, I am sure there are 100's who would like to, normally they do not look past the 7 years ( 10 on DUI) so normally old events don't show up anyway
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2008, 10:44 AM
    If you could seal it, how would you get insurance since they have to check it first?

And, how would you ever expect to get hired by any employer that discovered they could not access your driving record if that were the policy?

IF you could, which you can't, what good would it do you?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 8, 2008, 10:44 AM
    You can't seal your driving record period. Any agency entitled to view the record can.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freee truck driving training for felon but very clean driving record? [ 22 Answers ]

I would love to drive semi's local or cross country, but I do not have the job training or the finances for driving school. Can someone please help me ? Thank you Oscar

Driving me mad! [ 1 Answers ]

I turn polar bears white and I'll make you cry. I make guys pee and girls comb their hair. I make celebrities look stupid and normal people look like celebrities. I turn pancakes brown and make your champagne bubble. If you squeeze me, I'll pop. If you look at me, you'll pop

I need to record [ 3 Answers ]

hi, im Ashley, i love singing and i want a website or program i can download to record my music, and singing, does anybody know anything that i could use to record with? :p

How do I record on my PC? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to record songs I made on this dj thing on the computer . What is the easiest way? I heard there was software called Hijacker or something I need help ahhhh Thank you

Not sure how to record in GJ [ 1 Answers ]

We purchased parts and the invoice was $151.02. My husband wrote the check for $151.07. How do I journalize this ?

View more questions Search