Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    repairking Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2008, 08:19 PM
    Low pressure switch
    When the unit is turned on in the inside the outside unit is not responding. I believe it is low on freon which is preventing the low pressure switch from coming on. When this switch is pressed manually the unit comes on.
    hvacservicetech_07 Posts: 1,083, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2008, 08:30 PM
    I believe the switch you are referring to is a high pressure switch, most low pressure or loss of charge switches are not manual reset. If that is the case, be sure the outdoor fan is running, if it is, try cleaning the outdoor coil. What is the Model of the condensing unit?
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2008, 06:57 PM
    The red button around the refrigerant lines is a high pressure switch. If you have a Rheem heat pump, not uncommon for this to happen with the switch from heating to cooling season. If its tripping in cooling mode make sure your condenser coil is clean on the out door unit if not spray it out with a water hose and see what it will do(make sure the out side fan is running when calling for cooling). In cooling mode it trips from lack of air movement across the out door coil or refrigerant line restriction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman limit switch/pressure switch? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I've got a goodman furnace (mod. # GHT070-3) it's about 5 years old. Recently, the heat will only kick on for about 30 seconds then shut off. It's giving me 4 flashes: Open limit switch, then it kicks off. After that it gives me 3 flashes and turns back on (pressure switch). It seems the...

Pressure switch? [ 5 Answers ]

well was drilled in 1972 changed pump 2x.everthing OK till just the other day switch started 2 kick in & off ever few seconds.just put on new switch ,still doing same thing.well tank has 30lps pressure.water flow still good.can someone help?

Pressure switch [ 2 Answers ]

Furnace guy was here Wednesday, pressure switch need cleaned (he did it) all was well for a day. Having same problem again. Indicator light confirming this. How do I un stick the pressure valve/switch? Trane XE 90 model. Do not want to afford a service call when sure of the problem. Any help...

Limit Switch - Pressure Switch [ 0 Answers ]

Hello Folks, This weekend I've been playing with a heating system at my new apartment and I'm trying to figure out what the different componets do. I kind of followed the circuit but still have some missing links... 1-There are some terminals on the furnace's circuit board labeled LIMIT. The...

Well Pressure Switch Help! [ 2 Answers ]

I have decent pressrue in the house, but I did not hear the pressure switch kicking on and off as it used to. I went out side and checked and the switch points are staying closed, and the pump is running all the time. I can shut off the electric, and open the points by hand, then when I turn on the...

View more questions Search