Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Renben Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2008, 07:27 PM
    Hot Water Boiler
    Hi first time user on this sight I hope this question makes sense.
    Can anyone tell me what is happening with my hot water boiler? Recently it seems that our thermostat has no control over the amount of heat that goes through our hot water heating pipes. I replaced the thermostat, but does not seem to change the situation at all. When we need hot water for showering etc. we turn the furnace switch on for about fifteen minutes or so, well the water the water gets hot OK but the temperature in the house also gets way up too. I guess what I'm asking is if there is a secondary thermostat on the furnace that controls the water for showering etc?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 7, 2008, 11:30 PM
    (Question moved from Introductions to more appropriate topic area in order to get the most exposure to those best able to answer the question. The Introductions topic area is for introducing yourself and we try not to ask questions in that area. Thank you!)
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2008, 04:59 AM
    Even if you have a combination boiler, the Heating thermostat should have nothing to do with the domestic hot water. The sanitary water you drink and shower with, should not be the same water you heat with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leaking Water Boiler [ 4 Answers ]

We have an oil burner which heats water for the central heating system in our house. This boiler also heats water in an Amtrol Boilermate hot water heater for the potable hot water system. I turned off the water supply to the house at the main to perform a plumbing repair and the boiler leaked a...

Water Hammer on Hot water loop of Steam Boiler System [ 3 Answers ]

We have a steam boiler that provides steam for most of the house but also has a hot water loop for the additions. We have been getting a lot of water hammer and it sounds as if it is coming from the area where the first hot water radiator starts (ie it is from the hot water loop). Does anyone...

Banging in water boiler [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a burham boiler that is 20 years old. Last year I started to get a banging noise from it and it is now getting louder. What might it be and how can I get rid of it? Thanks!! Ron

Water temp on boiler [ 5 Answers ]

How do I turn down the water temperature on my burnham boiler, it is set at 170 degrees, and I only need it at120 degrees?

Water boiler question [ 2 Answers ]

This site is great help. I have problem with hot water pipes so I had to shut off the main water from outside. My question is,do I have to shut off my electric boiler from the cercuit braker? Thank for any advice.

View more questions Search