Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

May 7, 2008, 05:09 PM
    Rat Babies!
    Oh my. Here we go. We have a trio of rats, whom we we assured were all male. Well as nature would have it, the person who sold us the rats was wrong. Upon coming home from work today I discovered our "Sam" was actually a "Samantha", and she had 14 babies. The other two are assuredly males, and I separated one of the two so they wouldn't fight between themselves with her about. Should I remove both males? What should I do? I was not prepared to raise rat pups!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 7, 2008, 08:52 PM
    Keep the female and babies separate from the males.
    If the males still fight, which they very likely could, you will need a third cage.
    turtlegirl16 Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2008, 12:21 PM
    Wekk I am not correcting anyone but it is quite obvious whether the rat is a boy or girl. You should keep the male rats but don't let them near Samantha. Do what NOhelp4u said,too. There is a big difference in the appearance of a male and a female rat. But I womt explain that to you right now unless you really want me to.;)
    turtlegirl16 Posts: 177, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 12:01 PM
    Silverfoxkit, That is just plain rude:(. That was advise and you haven't seen my smart attitude.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

All I can think about is babies! [ 4 Answers ]

I am 24 and about to get married in the next few months and recently I have become completely obsessed with wanting to have a baby. I am completely aware that the timing is wrong and I can honestly say that if I found out I was pregnant tomorrow I would not be in the right place. My fiancé and I...

I Need Help With My Two Babies [ 6 Answers ]

Hey! I'm married got 2 little cute girls one of them is a year and two months old and the other is almost amonth. I want to know how to take care of them both and take care of the house, the cooking and myself, I don't sleep much cause I don't have time to do all that. My one year old she's...

Where do Babies come from? [ 1 Answers ]

Where do babies come from?:confused:

Babies last name what one does he get? [ 13 Answers ]

I don't know where to put this ? But I was wondering if I am not a married with the father of the baby does he get my last name or does he get the fathers last name??

Babies [ 4 Answers ]

Are a babies eyes full size at birth I heard that they are. Nose and ears grow, but eyes are full size at birth true or false?

View more questions Search