Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    josephrodney Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2008, 01:44 PM
    Can I sue my insurance broker that the one who insured m y car?
    Hello everyone,

I hope I can see the light here for my problem about the car insurance premium agent. I insured my car . Broker and he asked me about deposit cost $300.00 before they insured my car. I take it and the premium every months cost $131.00 and after three days I found a much affordable cheap insurance just only $438.00 for 6 months and I cancelled right away my insurance to the broker. After I talked to the people concerned to the broker they said I will received my refund for 30 days. 30 days is gone and least than a year now I won't received anything from the insurance agent. I found that I still owed money because they told me that is a loan for me cost $1.300.00 for 6 month. Now, I found they are three business that I need to encounter, one is lincoln insurance premium next is Capitol Payment plan this is the one that they sending my payment and the first is my broker agent. Now who do I need to sue for the small claim for my refund? Please I need your answer.. Thanks!:( :eek:
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2008, 02:04 PM
    You should go over, in great detail, the contents of the contract or agreement that you signed.

Chances are, the situation with your account will be contained within that document.

If they are doing anything in violation of the contract/agreement, then you may have an action against them.

If the charges they are showing, are in line with the signed document, you will have no recourse.
    josephrodney Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2008, 03:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by josephrodney
    Hello everyone,

I hope i can see the light here for my problem about the car insurance premium agent. I insured my car . broker and he asked me about deposit cost $300.00 before they insured my car. I take it and the premium every months cost $131.00 and after three days I found a much affordable cheap insurance just only $438.00 for 6 months and I cancelled right away my insurance to the broker. After I talked to the people concerned to the broker they said I will received my refund for 30 days. 30 days is gone and least than a year now i won't received anything from the insurance agent. I found that I still owed money because they told me that is a loan for me cost $1.300.00 for 6 month. Now, i found they are three business that i need to encounter, one is lincoln insurance premium next is Capitol Payment plan this is the one that they sending my payment and the first is my broker agent. Now who do I need to sue for the small claim for my refund? Please I need your answer..Thanks!:( :eek:
    Hi progunr, I love your answered and I'll take it with my heart, OK, the broker didn't give me anys is over and I kept waitings but 30 daything just receipt that I paid the deposit and I was surprised. He never give me anything about what insurance and how many business people should I'm going to encounter. And I left the place after three days I cancelled my insurance with them because of doubtful. I went to the most affordable and known insurance agent and that day they gave me a policy number right away not that on the broker. I when I'm going to get my refund because I didn't use my insurance premium longer he said that 30 day is over and not I want to sue those people responsible.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2008, 03:14 PM
    I'm betting that you signed some type of agreement, and you should have received, or asked for, a copy of anything you signed.

In this day and age, when it comes to issues like this, it all comes down to the agreement.
    What did it state about cancelations, refunds, etc. and did you sign it.

If you don't have a copy, I would request one, in fact, I would request a copy of anything that I signed. If you did sign an agreement, you can bet that they have the document and will present it if you ever get to court.

It will be to your benefit to see that before you are standing in front of a judge.

Best of luck with it!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 7, 2008, 04:10 PM
    First on brokers, they are not normally employees of the insurance company and while they are suppose to notify the company you are going to cancell, when you got your policy, and card you should have written the insurance company also and told them you cancelled.

Also you need to read every paper you signed, This sounds very much like some of the high risk insurance and/or where the broker also works with a loan company to pay the premium for the entire year ( so they get higher commission) and if it was a loan, you may or may not have the ability to cancell the loan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get insured and bonded [ 3 Answers ]

I was wanting to find out how what is needed to get insured and bonded. Im tryng to start my own business.

How do I get insured and bonded? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get insured and bonded? (Piggybacked question moved to its own thread.)

Bonded and insured [ 10 Answers ]

I'm thinking of starting a service oriented business that would be conducted at an individuals private residences. Light repair, upkeep, etc. My husband and I would be the only employees. Do I need to be licensed, bonded and insured. If so, why and what must I do to achieve that status? Is...

Get bonded and insured [ 1 Answers ]

How does an individual get boned and insured?

Bonded and/or Insured or both [ 2 Answers ]

I have a photography sudio in my home and I was wondering if I needed to be bonded and or insured for liability? Does being bonded make much difference. Can you explain how to get bonded or do I really need this for my Photography Studio. I also do weddings and model portfolios. Thanks,...

View more questions Search