Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maria06 Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2008, 12:51 PM
    Flying at 26 weeks
    I have a real worry just now and advice is conflicting.

I have had 3 miscarriages -all very early last year and at present am 24 weeks pregnant and all seems to be going well.

I had some spotting around 8 weeks but none since. Baby is moving lots and all is fine.

My husband and daughter and I are planning a trip of 2 hours to Italy flyying in 2 weeks time and although I am really excited I have started worrying that the short flight might induce labour. Anyone any help they can offer or do you think I shouldn't go. Have asked my GP and she says that many people fly 2nd trimester and are fine but am really paranoid!!
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2008, 01:09 PM
    I would say trust your doctor. He/she knows your history and I am sure would not put you in harms way.

Have you ever flown before?

If you don't feel comfortable doing something - even with a doctor's okay - then don't do it. If you want to take the extra precaution - then stay home.

Continue to take good care of yourself and relax. Enjoy this time, don't waste it with worry!

Good Luck! :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 7, 2008, 01:34 PM
    Flying itself will not cause you any problems as the cabins of the airplane are pressurized. However, you need to check with your carrier as to whether they will ticket a woman in her third trimester. Many airlines do not want the responsibility that comes along with the possibility of labor and delivery this far along in pregnancy. Many airlines will require a letter from the doctor stating that you have his/her permission to fly this late in your pregnancy.
    maria06 Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 02:22 AM
    J-9,

Thanks.

I am still second trimester when I fly - at the end so airline say only need letter if 28 weeks or later so hopefully that not a problem.

Going to discuss with midwife anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baby is 4`1/2 weeks in growth and I thought I was 6 weeks [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, I am a new wife of 6 months with an amazing husband... we recently in August had a miscarriage and now became pregnant again... here's the thing... My last period was on dec 22nd and I am NOT regular.. between 32-39 day cycles... I had an ultra sound today and it said my baby was only about...

11 weeks pregnant fetus only 6 weeks? [ 8 Answers ]

I thought I was 11 weeks pregnant, had some very light spotting and Dr. did ultrasound and said fetus was only 6 weeks?? I am almost positive there was no possibility of conception on the new date so they believe the fetus stopped growing at 6 weeks and I had a missed miscarriage. I am waiting...

What does flying mean? [ 3 Answers ]

I tend to have dreams of flying, but not just flying more of just walking but being lifted off the ground very high until my next step. This happens to me a lot. Any help?:(

26 weeks, 3 weeks behind in growth, dr's concerned. [ 7 Answers ]

My baby is now 26 weeks, but measures 23, the Dr.'s are very concerned and have brought up the possibility of having a skeletal disorder(dwarf) because she is behind on growth, we did an amnio and also blood tests which all came back fine. They have also not found any other abnormalities. Is this...

What to do with flying and no ID [ 2 Answers ]

Sorry I did not know what category to place this ? in. My mom is currently vacationing in Florida where they have a second home in Florida, she had her poketbook stolen with all her id and credit cards. She is due to fly home next sat. Her drivers license is for fla. But all her mail goes...

View more questions Search