Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kay221 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2008, 11:18 AM
    Teacher Love ?
    Okay well here's the story, I have this one teacher in my school that my dad likes..
    Odd story I know! But I want to get them together! Haha I mean you can tell a lot that they like each other, he's only been to one school conference, and it's the kind where its just you the teacher and your parent(s), so it practically wasn't even about school just like what there interests where.
    So I told my dad he should like email her about like my school work or something! He said it would sound dumb, I said no. so I know this is evil but I want to pretend to be him!
    So I mean something would go one! And yes he would know about it!
    But how do I sound like an adult emailing a teacher? He won't do it, I know he wants to talk to her.. but no..
    So anything I could say in the email about school? And how would I sound like an adult?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2008, 11:22 AM
    Here is my advice.

Don't pretend to be your dad, OK.

Can you imagine how embarresed he'd be when the truth comes out, and it will, believe me.

Just keep hinting that he should try to talk to her, and let him go about it in his own way if he wants to.

Really, don't pretend to be him in an email, nothing good will come of it.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2008, 11:36 AM
    Have you seen that movie with Hilary Duff, The Perfect Man? Please refrain from pretending to be your father, life isn't a fairytale and love doesn't conquer all. It would make things very awkward for him next time as well as the teacher.

Just let it go, don't force anything
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 7, 2008, 11:48 AM
    I agree pretending to be your father can only complicate and cause some really messed up problems.
    Just for one, if she ever found out she could accuse your dad of putting you up to it and wonder why he didn't do it himself. Your dad has to be a man and make his own decisions his own way.
    I am sure if he really wants to get to know her he could find a really fun creative way to do it or just come out and ask.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 7, 2008, 11:53 AM
    so I know this is evil but I want to pretend to be him!
    Don't do it! That's playing kid games with the lives of others. Stay out of Dad's business.
    bigbird213 Posts: 681, Reputation: 110

May 7, 2008, 12:21 PM
    Oh I can sense the harassment suit that he didn't see coming...
    volta-rewind Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

May 7, 2008, 12:47 PM
    I see that you want them to get together,
    But you should let your dad deal with his own love life.
    You shouldn't interfere.
    It's cool that you want to help him out though.
    Keep encouraging him to make the move.
    snowgirl Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2008, 03:41 PM
    This is your dads business. Let your dad do it, he's a grown man. E-mailing her won't do anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Teacher [ 7 Answers ]

I will be graduating to be an elementary educator in the Fall of 2008; can any experienced teachers provide me with some tips for first year teachers?:)

I'm in love with my teacher [ 35 Answers ]

OK I like my teacher a lot I'm a gay female and I'm pretty sure she likes girls to she's always talking to me so I don't know if she likes me:(

I want to be a teacher. [ 4 Answers ]

I have already gone to college for my first love theatre. I have been working in theatre for the last 5 years and as much as I have a passion for it I have decided it would be best for me to pursue another career. I have given in much thought and I thought the best way to do this was to teach what...

I am a gay and I have fallen in love with my teacher [ 6 Answers ]

First of all I want to thank you all for helping me in this tough time of my life. My problem is that I am a 19 year old gay who has fallen in love with his 34 years old straight english teacher. He is married and knows about my sexuality and is perfectly all right with it. Its been 7 mnths...

View more questions Search