Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    characterspub Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2008, 10:50 AM
    Determining proper ton for air conditioning
    Im currently replacing an air conditioning unit in a commercial area which has a front and back door which are used for customers to enter and exit. The area is 20 foot wide by 65 foot in length and the ceiling is 9 foot. The building is located in central Illinois. The typical time for each customer to remain in the building is 1 to 3 hours.

Any information on the proper ton unit for this area would be helpful.

Thanks for any assistance on this issue.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2008, 05:18 AM
    How much lighting? How many computers and monitors? LCD or CRT monitors? What type, size and direction of windows? How many patrons at a time? Split system or rooftop? Is the return air just pulled through egg crates in a drop ceiling?
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 8, 2008, 06:31 AM
    You really need to preform a manual J calculation to determine the heat load.

If you have lots of customers entering or leaving consider a double-door entry way. Other solutions are a special blower mounted above the door which keeps the outside air from entering the heated space.

There are just too many variables besides cubic feet and number of occupants. Heat gain from other devices, windows, and heat loss by the structure play a part as well as climate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Determining liabilities [ 1 Answers ]

From my understanding investments fall under cash, but I'm not sure about the rest... Is there a definitive rule for determining what is and isn't a liability? Murphy & Company started operations this month and had the following transactions during the month: (1) investment by owners $30,000,...

Determining Variances [ 1 Answers ]

Explain the various factors and considerations used in determining if a variance ia over or under-paid? Can someone tell me what this questions is asking me? For some dumb reason I don't understand what they want.:confused:

Determining if it a solution [ 1 Answers ]

the question is how do you determine if it is a solution to both -6 & 2 the equation is 4x + y = -22 y = -3/9 ( a fraction) x

View more questions Search