Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbsbenson Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2008, 10:08 AM
    Definition in the ICC IRC Plumbing code
    Section P2706 of the International Residential Code:

Under water receptors it mentions that standpipes shall be a minimum 18" and a maximum 42". What part of the plumbing is this referring to?

Laundry tray connection: It mentions that standpipe for clothes washer shall not be less than 30" and the laundry tray connection shall be a maximum horizontal distance of 30" from the standpipe trap.

Is this referring to the pipe from the laundry tray to the ground? Or from the tray to the main sewer drain?
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2008, 08:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jbsbenson
    Section P2706 of the International Residential Code:

Under water receptors it mentions that standpipes shall be a minimum 18" and a maximum 42". What part of the plumbing is this referring to?
    this is speaking of the pipe you use to connect the drain hose of your washing machine.

Laundry tray connection: It mentions that standpipe for clothes washer shall not be less than 30" and the laundry tray connection shall be a maximum horizontal distance of 30" from the standpipe trap.

Is this referring to the pipe from the laundry tray to the ground? Or from the tray to the main sewer drain?
    It is referring to the tee or other fitting used on the horizontal line.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier furnace fault code definition [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Carrier Weather Maker XFI and it is giving me a fault code of 3 2 , which says low pressure switch fault. Does anyone know how to fix this without bringing out a technician?

Plumbing Code Book [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know if there is a printed copy of the International Plumbing Code on the Internet?

Definition of Translation [ 1 Answers ]

In accounting, the trem "translation" refers to: a. the calculations of gains or lossed from hedging transactions b. the claculation of exchange rate gains or losses on individual transactions in foreign currencies c. the procedure required to identify a company's functional currency d. the...

According to Ohio plumbing code, can a valve be installed to shut off a thermal expan [ 1 Answers ]

I have been told on a number of occasions that you can not place a shutoff valve in front of a thermal expansion tank on a hot water heater. However I cannot find that specified in the 2005 code. If you know where that is stated in the code could you please give reference number. Thank you

View more questions Search