Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    troj Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2006, 07:00 PM
    Filed return with photo copy form 4852(sub W-2)?
    Hi guys.
    I have not received my W-2 form,because I am living abroad.
    I've tried to contact my employer,but he did not send the W-2 to my home country.
    I filed 1040NR with form 4852 which is sub W-2.
    The problem is that I send my State return with a photo copy of form 4852.
    Is there any problem with that?
    I did not pay so much attetion and make this mistake.
    The form I send is the exact copy so I thing I am good,but I want to here a professional opinion.
    The form which was copy is signed and dates like the other one which were send with my Federal return.

If something is worng,please tell me what to do?
    Thank you
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 21, 2006, 10:56 PM
    Troj:

A photocopy is fine as long as it is accurate and legible. The tax authorities just want the correct information; they really do not care how they get it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Return on Assets & Return on Equity [ 1 Answers ]

Question... Lily Cosmetics has annual sales of $500,000,000. They maintain a net after tax profit margin of 5% and they have a sales-to-assets ratio of 4. A) What is the Return on assets? B) If the debt/equity ratio is 0.5, what is the Return on Equity?

Wrong form for 2004 tax return [ 2 Answers ]

When I prepare for my federal tax form for 2005, I found I made mistake to file my 2004 tax. Can I have a chance to correct it? Thank you!

Filed wrong form [ 9 Answers ]

I'm a j1 student doing hospitality training right now. I filed 1040ez instead of 1040nr. I didn't know about that at all. What should I do? I filed tax return year in 2002 as well. But I don't know if I did right or wrong Because that time I received $3. my friend filed it for me. I was on F-1...

Tax Return Form 1040-Question No. 10 [ 1 Answers ]

First of all, thank you for answering my previous question. I now need to know how to answer question no. 10-Taxable refunds, credits, or offsets of state and local income taxes if my wages for 2005 is $35,179.65. This will help me get my adjusted gross income to fill out my financial aid...

View more questions Search