Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    naturally me Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2008, 09:48 AM
    My Best Friend Has Told Me She Fancies Me
    My best friend of about 6 months told me in march that she had had some sexual thoughts about me. We spoke about it lots and then put it down to her mum and dad not being totally loving towards her and me being her rock, me being there when she needs me. So it was sorted and put down to the fact that she loved me loads as a friend and was taking it too far, but then she has told me today she has weekly dreams about me and her getting up to all sorts of things in the bedroom (sexually). This has really worried me. She says she doesn't llike me in that way but this has now been going on for 2 months and it isn't normal, is it?
    I don't know what to say to her, its awkward when we meet up and I don't want it to be I want it to like normal, when we meet up for coffee we sit have a laugh over one coffee then buy another then another and the time passes so quickly because we laff and chat for ages.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

May 7, 2008, 10:37 AM
    Dreaming of sex rarely means to actually have sex with the person you are dreaming of.
    It can simply symbolize that you are very intimate in your friendship and you know each other better than anything. That everything about her is revealed to you and she/you have no secrets. It can mean that she feels vulnerable to you emotionally.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 7, 2008, 10:55 AM
    Stay friends and don't mess it up with sex. Especially since you don't feel the same way. I think in time, she will deal with it better, but I think your both close, and comfortable with each other. Good friends are hard to find. Be nice when you explain to her that sex is a bad idea.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

May 7, 2008, 11:21 AM
    Tal is right, no need to shy away from her just because the dreams are about you. You're a good friend, and a good friend stays by her side and helps her avoid the inappropriate and destructive behaviors. Your only task here is to ignore that it's about you. Your role is the same other than that.
    sisandmom Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2008, 01:54 PM
    I have a best friend who is male and I often have sexual dreams with him involved. I'm a married woman and love my husband and have no desire to make love to my best friend. I have talked to my best friend about this and we just made a joke out of it. He has the same sort of dreams. I think when you are so close to someone you can't help where your dreams take you. I suggest you DO NOT cross that line into a sexual relationship unless you are prepared to lose your friendship all together.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I have not told anyone this, but. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am new to this site but I am having a really hard time at the moment and I wanted some objective help. My life is a bit of a mess and I don't know where to begin to be honest. My mother and father have both been clinically depressed for years and my brother is currently...

Being told to get out. [ 4 Answers ]

My friend purchased a Townhouse and asked me to move in. I agreed and offered to pay monthly rent and have been since I've moved in over a year now. I receive my mail there, make my meals, wash my clothes and park my car. Being that we are friend no formal agreements were made or signed, just a...

I told you so! [ 3 Answers ]

YouTube - CNN/DOBBS: W FULFILLS HIS DAD'S DREAM OFA NEW WORLD ORDER

So I told him how I feel... Now what? Help! [ 1 Answers ]

All right so I told my ex how I feel, I told him that I wanted another chance. All he said was that we need space, and that I shouldn't revolve my entire life around him. I understand that... I just want to prove to him that I've changed! I want to show him that I can be in a relationship without...

I talked to him... told him everything [ 50 Answers ]

I followed everyone's advice and spoke to him about everything even telling him that I don't trust him and I feel so much better besides feeling exhausted! I brought up instances that I remember very clearly and his response was:- Shocked! But, as its all of a sexual nature, he said that he...

View more questions Search