Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lucylu714 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2008, 09:00 AM
    Cement slab
    I have a cement slab that is rough and uneven. How can I put brick over it to make a patio?
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

May 7, 2008, 09:29 AM
    I can foresee a couple problems with doing this. The uneven condition you have now may telescope up into the pavers, a thick sand bed may even it out if it can be compacted flat. Drainage under the pavers may also be an issue as freeze / thaw cycles may move the pavers if the moisture cannot escape. The right thing to do would be to remove the slab.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Constructing a bathroom on cement slab [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am constructing a bathroom in my garage on a cement slab. How much do I have to elevation the floor from the cement slab to achieve the appropriate drain for the toilet? Thanks

Cement slab below my bath tub [ 1 Answers ]

Is the slab below my bath tub supposed to be solid like what is visible elsewhere? Recently I opened the wall behind my toilet due to need for a 12" rough in distance. When I peered through the wall toward the area behind where the tub is located I found I was looking through the slab at the sand...

Shower Drain, cement slab [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I am about to install a shower drain.This will be on a cement slab. What should the flange part of this drain touch; the existing slab or the new membrane? Thanks! Eddie:)

How to build deck on cement slab [ 1 Answers ]

I like to know if I can build deck on existing cement slab and pur boards directly on slab and how would I tie boards down to slab

Help me put bathroom on cement slab [ 6 Answers ]

I have a cement floor and I need (have to ) to put a bathroom on it . I have been told I can build a platform and put pluming under it is it possible . I live in country so have septic tank. Thank anyone for their input it will be much appriciated.:)

View more questions Search